What's new

New reality/parody show on SpikeTV: Joe Schmo (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Wow, some ups and downs emotionally in this episode. The eviction sequence was both stomach-achingly funny and heartbreakingly sad. :)

Gina's "ashes" on a plate! "One of you will return to your sad existance working for the man", that just kills me. :D

But the crying during the ceremony was very sad... even the actors were crying for real. That was the moment it really seemed to hit everybody what they were doing. After that, I can really understand Matt being upset when he finds out it's all fake.

The talent contest was fun, thank God we didn't have to see any naked hairy men's asses this time! :D

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I still say that matt is in on the entire thing. Things pretty much never work out the correct way

capt

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to think he is too. His comments about "Too much pressure" makes no sense if he's not in on it. What pressure is there on him if he's just a contestant? I can see other words to describe his situation, but "pressure" isn't one of them.

Either way, I'm enjoying this show a lot! :)

Chuck Schick

Stunt Coordinator
The talent show was great. Watching everyone's touched reactions to Hutch's rendition of America the Beautiful killed me, especially when he negated it with "FYI- I whizzed in the hot tub last night"

Great show

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I'm starting to think he is too. His comments about "Too much pressure" makes no sense if he's not in on it. What pressure is there on him if he's just a contestant? I can see other words to describe his situation, but "pressure" isn't one of them.
Well, he's either in on it, or way too sensitive for his own good. He knows he's on a reality show, and that it's just a game.

What gets me about this is how good some of the actors are. The guy who plays Kip is doing a fantastic job. I wonder if any of them will get work after this?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
The pressure comes from having to vote off your friends. Remember how guilty he felt after the first vote? He had to come clean to Molly because the guilt was too much for him to handle.

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
With this show, the whole focus is on Matt and his emotions and reactions... so I think we are seeing more of him than we would if this was a "real" reality show and he was sharing camera time with all the other "contestants".

I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that other reality show contestants have had similar emotions/feelings but didn't have them revealed due to editing.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
By far, the better ending to the show would be revealing to Matt that the show is fake and the other contestants are actors, rather than having the twist that Matt is an actor.

Most of the actors have done a good job: the best being the gay guy and the asshole, and the worst being the blonde.

The preview for next week's show spoiled who was going to be gone this week. You could clearly see that the veteran wasn't among the people left.

~T

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
By far, the better ending to the show would be revealing to Matt that the show is fake and the other contestants are actors, rather than having the twist that Matt is an actor.
I'm sure that's how it's going to end, I just thought that the other way would be an interesting twist (i.e. they've played the audience and not Matt).

KevinRB

Stunt Coordinator
The actors do an excellent job for TV, but most of them would seem fakey to me if I met them in real life. Maybe Matt is just expecting people to be odd because he thinks it's a reality show...

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I don't know about you, but is anyone else tired of the played out "I just don't know if we can keep doing this to this guy" and "We might have to end the show over this" only to then go to commercial that says "And next week, on Joe Schmoe....." Well, so much for we might have to end the show. Why play it out like some terrible situation occured only to show us previews from the next broadcast that clearly show that the game continues?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Dave, While I agree his whining is getting old. The show is one of the funniest on tv right now. I was dying of laughter at the immunity contest.

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
I agree, Todd. The show is indeed funny. The whole "It's cool, I slept with Dr. Pat, really got my head examined last night" and all his other comments are going to lead to what I have to assume are plenty of hilarious one liners.

What is dumb is to make it look like the guy cracked and due to guilt or remorse, the might cancel the show only to then go into previews of what is coming next week. Obviously there is no intention of bailing out now.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> Why play it out like some terrible situation occured only to show us previews from the next broadcast that clearly show that the game continues?

That's classic TV show pacing, stringing the viewer along. Watch Paradise Hotel for 100 examples per hour.

BTW, the guy that plays Hutch is now on the sitcom The Mullets (without the beard).

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Matt ended up getting the spa vacation that he donated to Dr Pat, or if the actress really got to go to the spa.

Also wonder if Pat was to be voted out anyway. If Matt hadn't given her the trip, there wouldn't have been the $25,000 offer to leave, so would she just have been voted out rather than taking the deal?

It's great how they have to keep revising the storyline to react to Matt's actions. This is the best proof that he's not in on it- it would be too hard to preplan all his reactions.

> I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that other reality show contestants have had similar emotions/feelings but didn't have them revealed due to editing.

You must not watch Big Brother. Lots of crying on that show this summer.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Matt is really a stand up guy. He seems a little simple but he's the kind of guy you want on your side. The more they get into this show, the guiltier the participants are feeling. This was evident in Dr. Pat's farewell speech. She was obviously trying to make amends for the enevitable heartbreak they're gonna give to this guy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the female population starts falling for this "nice guy." Get ready for fansites devoted to Matt and other obsessions.

I am not missing next week's ep. Molly and Ashleigh covered in honey. Do they need a tongue towel?
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Is it just me or does Molly look a little surgically enhanced? Wouldn't Matt question why a virgin has fake pillows? Maybe seeing her in a bikini next week will help me figure that out. I better record it so that I can make sure to make an educated, well researched decision.;)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Yes, she does, and yes, I have wondered that too.

Good episode again, I loved Matt's reaction to the Hutch sleeping with Dr Pat, and his comments about how she should propably change profession (or something to that effect). :D

The sumo wrestling was interesting, but I felt bad for him, I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt her that much.

Thankfully, they had blurred all of Brian's ass in the reward challenge this time! :D

This is my favorite show on TV right now, I'm really curious how it all will end.

Jeff*S*C*

Second Unit
Anyone else think that the actress for Dr. Pat wanted to leave so they added that "$25,000 plus a way out" bonus? I mean why start the Pat and Hutch doing the nasty story and then have her leave that day?

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I think they used the opportunity to eliminate a character without the "bloodshed" of voting. Obviously Matt is too sensitive so they need to find gentler ways to make people leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks