What's new

New psb image series? (1 Viewer)

Steve Adams

Second Unit
Hi everyone,

I was at my local dealership when I saw some nice speakers. They had no grills on them they were all silver, and very appealing. I asked the manager what they were and he said that they were the new psb image series, so I listened to them....they sounded awsome.....I looked at the back and they never said psb anywhere, and the price was 499 for the towers? should I be weary? whats up with this, anyone else see these before?

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
not saying psb in the back? every psb speaker has their label on the back....and i don't think psb has a new image line, the only new line they have are the new platinums and they are in the 4-7k price range....and if they were psbs, it's reasonable to believe that floodstanders are 499...it depends on the model...i think 4t and 5t are around that price....

DaveZeisler

Agent
I'd be weary of this. I have the PSB 5T/9C/2B setup and all are clearly marked on the grilles, on the rear, and debossed near the tweeter with the PSB lowercase logo (like "psb"). Seeing as you're in Canada, and PSB's are Canadian made, you may be privvy to new models before those of us south of the border....Although, I just went to Stereoland in Windsor, Ontario a month ago to get my PSB's and there was nothing mentioned or on display about a new Image line. $499 sounds incredibly cheap (CAN or US funds) for the PSB towers. The 4T's go for US$650/pair, and the 5T's are US$800/pair MSRP.

Buyer beware...draw your own conclusions.

Dave

Ben_L

Agent
$499 for a 4T is actually about right, may actually be a little high. If that price is for a 5T though, it would be a good deal. My local dealer sells the PSB image 4T factory blemishes for $399 and 5T blemishes for $499.

Gerry S

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ben:

How bad are the factory blemish models? Are they just a few minor scratches that are hard to see or obvious defects?

Thanks,
Gerry

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Ben, david is a great man!

blemishes are nothing to be afraid of, unless you're a real expert there's no real difference...the performance is still the same...

Ben_L

Agent
Im not sure exactly, but i expect it would be in the same condition as the Yawaonline "B" stocks(minor scratches on grille or cabinet). The dealer i went to is DMC Electronics in Orange county, ca. They are an authorized PSB dealer, and they can ship to you if needed, but they dont have an online store. You can try calling them and set something up. Also they always have PSB auctions up of the Image line on ebay, but they only list a few models at a time.

https://www.dmc-electronics.com

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I have a set of alpha's so I know what to expect from psb....very weird.....I never saw the grills. the other thing is that they are silver, I have yet to see a silver psb speaker....

Users who are viewing this thread