What's new

New Polk In-Wall Subs (1 Viewer)

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Found this kind of interesting:

The information that I received was part of an E-mail communication from them. I'm not trying to endorse Polk in any way, but it does look like a good option for some folks in need of bass. :)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
When I was doing my usual looking at Parts Express...I had seen MTX and there are several other's who have IN wall subs. Yes..kind of a neet thing. Ive also seen in floor and in celing subs as well :)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter

:D

When I am a big boy and get out of college, get a real job, and buy my first home, and am going to stop playing around and build a MONDO IB sub. I like the one with the 12 drivers in it.

Yummy.

I still don't understand the physics on how a IB works so well.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Of course, "true" IB subs are the way to go. I basically posted the Polk in-wall information as I thought it was a good attempt by by a company to address the needs of a purchaser by offering more options. Some people are still too intimidated to cut holes in drywall, etc. on their homes. If they were having a house built, they could just purchase the Polk sub and have their contractor build it in before drywall was applied.

As far as IB subs go, you don't really need "mondo" to accomplish the task. My (2) IB 15 driver setup nicely powers my 14 x 21 x 8 family room. :D

Here's a pic before I installed the cold air return grills to cover the drivers:

The Finished product:

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
That's really cool Wayne. I bet people are surprised when a bunch of "thump thump" come out of what appears to be an air duct or something. I want one.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
The beauty part is that you don't localize bass that well, so the bass just "seems" like it's coming out of the mains. This effect is especially smooth because IBs tend to have such fantastic performance characteristics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks