What's new

New Pioneer Receivers? (1 Viewer)

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
have any of you heard about the new recivers pioneer is coming out with .. replacing the normal line(411 to 811)??

im just curious what ur thoughts are on them .. my current reciver is on the fritz along wiht a few other components so mass upgrade... anyways i have my eyes on the new Pioneer VSX-D912K it looks impressive but i wonder if its as good as the otehrs ... i love my 810 but it was open box and showing it big time. back to subject lend my ur opinions

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
im sorry for my bad gramer. lets disscuss these new recivers i htink im the first one to say something about them.... i guess i just want to see what ur thoughts are on them and so on. i really want that 912k looks like they added a new one or did they just move the 712 down to where the 512 would have been? mind you these recivers look top notch i mean my 810 looks poorly built inside. yess please ad to me thoughst people as i am repeating sorry.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
another thing to say for those who want to know what they are i'll just post something about each one

VSX-D412K
The VSXD412K A/V receiver will have you surrounded: it features Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 surround sound decoding, 96kHz/24-Bit digital processing, plus four Advanced Surround modes. One of these modes is 5-Channel Stereo, a.k.a. "Party Mode", which routes the full-frequency stereo signal to 5 speakers at full 100-watt-per-channel power, without having to use a digital sound processing (DSP) chip. The 100-watt-per-channel power is also available in the surround mode, along with 100 watts x 2 in normal stereo mode. For system connectivity, you're provided with 2 digital inputs and a full complement of audio and video inputs/outputs. The VSX-D412K is DVD-Audio ready and includes an AM/FM digital tuner; and for convenience, a front-panel quick-setup function and a remote control are included.

VSX-D712K
Get ready for intensely great multi channel audio: the VSX-D712K features a double precision 48-Bit Motorola digital signal processing DSP along with 96kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog conversion for exceptionally pure, clean reproduction of your favorite music and movie soundtracks. And its Dolby Digital EX & DTS-ES surround sound decoding, along with Expanded 5.1 Surround, offer a true theater-like movie experience. The VSX-D712 delivers 100 watts x 2 (stereo) and 100 watts x 5 (surround), plus component video switching (2 inputs/1 output) and 3 digital inputs/1 digital output (optical) reinforce its versatility as an A/V centerpiece. A Pre-programmed Remote is provided.

VSX-D812K
Want a spectacular surround sound experience? The VSX-D812K delivers, with 6.1-channel Dolby Digital EX and DTS-ES Discrete surround sound decoding, plus the new DTS 96/24 decoder for playback of high resolution audio with video. And, a double precision 48-Bit Motorola digital signal processing DSP coupled with 96kHz/24-bit digital-to-analog conversion provide extraordinarily pure DVD-Audio quality audio reproduction from any music or movie source. The VSX-D812K delivers 100 watts x 2 (stereo) and a full 100 watts x 6 (surround), with pre-amp output for all channels. To complete the big picture, you get Dual Surround Back terminals for 7.1 speaker set-up and 7.1-channel inputs, plus component video switching (2 inputs/1 output) and 5 digital inputs/1 digital output (optical). A pre-programmed Smart Remote is provided.

VSX-D912K
If it's power, fidelity, and convenience you're looking for, the VSXD912K is the receiver for you. With 110 watts x 6 channels, the VSX-D912K has power in reserve. The Auto MCACC (Multi-channel Acoustic Calibration) provides a microphone that listens to each of your speakers and automatically adjusts them for distance and sound level ensuring that each channel of sound reaches you at the right time and at the right volume; all automatically! Extra digital inputs; 5 total with a front optical digital input provides needed flexibility when the video game or camcorder may be on the move. A pre-programmed learning LCD remote is the control center for all of your equipment; even in the dark. The VSX-D912K is a serious A/V receiver equipped with an all aluminum front panel and cool blue volume LED indicator putting this A/V receiver in the same league as the big boys.

Thats the info on each one complaments of pioneer.

MikeWG

Auditioning
If you want to go with Pioneer take a look at there Elite line. I find there entry level receivers ie. 411, 511, 711 and 811 to be lacking in both build quality and sound quality. The VSX-43tx from Pioneer is a nice receiver and sounds much better than the above mentioned receivers. It is however about $1400 (CDN). Also give the VSX-41 a listen if the 43 isn't within your budget.

Mike.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Another opinion, don't waste your time on the vsx-41 because the only diff between that and the 811 is that it is 110 vs 100 w/channel, has the elite black gloss and Re-Eq other than that there is no difference and it is not worth the money.
Another thought is skip the Higher end elite models and buy the 811 and add a used 2/5 channel amp and that will sound better than the lower end elite models as long as you have effecient speakers.
I compared the 811 w/ parasound amp against the Elite 45 same room/speakers/cables/cd and the the 811 with an amp sounded better.

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
im limitd to about $500 for reciver .. i had enough for one of the higher end elites but the need for speakers has arised and ive had my eye on the Klipsch RF5NM .. and getting those will leave me wiht about $500 .. i knwo you allw aill say that its a waste to pair a low end pioneer with speakers like that but my 810s(yes i know it is very poorly built)sounds great .. so with those towers maybe i'll get the sound im looking for ...who knows .... but the new 912k looks like its a well crafted reciver but true they tend to do sloppy jobs on their low end equipment

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
I compared the 811 w/ parasound amp against the Elite 45 same room/speakers/cables/cd and the the 811 with an amp sounded better.
hmm, lets weigh this, $300 for the 811, $800 for the 45tx. i would think that parasound amp cost more than the $500 difference between the two. not that there is a strict dollars/performance ratio, but if you spend the money, you will get the performance. try to find a 5 channel amp for $500 worth a damn, doubtful.

CJ

MikeShea

Agent
The ability for a receiver to self-tune is a great idea. I have heard that the higher end elite models will actually equalize themselves out with a five band equalizer based on test tones. I am not sure which receivers have what tuning abilities, though.

MikeRP

Supporting Actor
Guys:

There are a lot of posts here and on AVSForum about the 45TX.

The MCACC is a true advancement. Don't give it up lightly. The amps are very good. But, the receiver is not rated for 4 ohm loads.

But, IMHO, since the shutdown issue has been solved by Pioneer, the amps are as good if not better than any in this class.

You can get it now for $799.

I recently purchased an ADCOM 545 two channel amp for fun.. The amps on the 45 are as good as the ADCOM. I'm sure there are better amp sections as far as capacity but the Pioneer sounds great. It really has very few weaknesses.

Some are:

1. Crossover not available for each speaker.
2. No video upconversion.
3. Not 4 ohm rated.

That's about it. Great unit.

Mike

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
you do know the new VSX-D912K has that MCACC stuff and the cost of the reciver is only $475 retail soo im guessing its as good if not better then the elite-41 not sure what the exact number is its the one for $800 i really think they out did themselves with the 912k to be honest ... im really thinking about picking one up to replace my 810

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Well if you bought the 811 and a used parasound 855a I would almost bet that it would sound better than the Pioneer elite by itself. Oh and it would be about $800 dollars total....HMMMM
well you didnt mention used, different situation. well, i can get a 45tx for about $500 USED, so lets put that receiver up against your parasound 855a. i wonder which would sound better. my guess is the 45, since no sound will be coming out of the amp. keep in mind that you said it was better, was only your opinion, and thats what you are debating. to my ears. the 45 sounds just fine. i'll keep it too, i'd rather have the extra inputs and processing power, which is far superior to the 811. sound alone isnt everything, "hmmmmmmmmm".

CJ

NicholasL

Second Unit
Even though you guys keep mentioning that the VSX-45TX runs for aprrox. $800 on the internet, everyone should be clear that these internet dealers not only are not authorized dealers of pioneer elite products (as pioneer does not endorse the selling of their elite receivers online anywhere), not to mention the fact that the warranties may not be valid, the serial numbers might be altered or removed, the orders might be backordered for months on end with your credit card already charged and the customer service "reps" on permanant lunch breaks, etc. etc.

In other words, to be realistic and to save yourself the incredible headache that is all too common with these internet dealers, the 45TX is actually about $1200 from an authorized dealer. So it isn't really a good idea to compare it to receivers costing $800 (and in which case, the pioneer would blow them out of the water anyways).

ChadLB

Screenwriter
the 45TX is actually about $1200 from an authorized dealer
Yes this is true and you are right about the internet and no authorized dealers.

For me If I was spending that much on a receiver I would save up more and move into seperates. Just my opinion.

Lyden I am sure the 912 will be a great entry level receiver for you.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not to mention the fact that the warranties may not be valid, the serial numbers might be altered or removed, the orders might be backordered for months on end with your credit card already charged and the customer service "reps" on permanant lunch breaks, etc. etc.
i bought my 45 off the internet. i dont know if my pioneer factory warranty is valid, i suppose not. however, i had a 60 day warranty from the dealer. i'm pretty sure that if it wasnt a lemon from the factory, it would last a long time, well beyond the lousy 2 year warranty that comes with the extra $400. i paid 800 plus shipping a few months ago, i must be the sucker. or maybe i have extra faith in pioneer and modern electronics. my unit was factory sealed, had the remote, and had a serial number, imagine that. i dont think that if a dealer isnt 'authorized' that its a ticket for disaster. your chances surely increase, but if you can find a reputable dealer as i did, i'd MUCH rather save $400. but thats me, and ymmv. anyway, i agree with chad about the 912 for you lyden, that seems like quite a machine for the price.

CJ

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Chris,

Asking an opinion but what is the best feature of the 45?

Is it the Auto MCACC?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Asking an opinion but what is the best feature of the 45?
its the THX Select certification. kidding of course. i would have to say that its the mcacc, it is quite a feature. i used to think the usb connector was pretty sweet, until i actually listened to the sound quality, not too good. in using the mcacc calibration, before and after sounds like two completely different setups. and it does a much better job than i could with a test disc and a meter. do you plan to add an amp to your 811?

CJ

Lyden

Stunt Coordinator
sorry to go off subject here but woah i just fuixed mt 810s ... not its own problems are the lack of remote and the little door on the front is broken.. hsould i keep it and just spend 2k on speakers or should i buy the 912k and spend whats left on speakers? in case your wondering i had my eye on the Klipsch RF5BA 2-Way Reference Series .. ... i might not have enough howmuch you think my 810 is worth? the big problem was the leqads to speaker terminals cam out and i couldnt fix but my grandfather solderd them ... ... i hope pioneer fixed this problem i know it exists in the 811 aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks