New PDA Feature

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Dubbelboer, Sep 10, 2001.

1. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

in a word - "Golden"
    Sure it just saves me the time of manually adding the page to my avantgo browser but I appreciate it.
    Once again well done Parker [​IMG]

2. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    This Palm icon that just appeared is very distracting. Makes it hard to ignore to read thread title. Is there a way to disable it?

3. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I agree Roger...very distracting. Maybe it can be made smaller and moved to a more inconspicuous place.
    Edit: Oops, see. There's the stupid message icon that I didn't bother to check before submitting!
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Bill Catherall on September 10, 2001 at 11:24 PM]

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Mark:
    Thanks for the kudos on this. It is all Jay's and Vince's idea. I am just trying to implement it.
    Parker

5. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Unfortunately, Avantgo doesn't allow any single page over 32k in size- so for the time being (until I can think up a way to make it work), it can only be used for threads under 3 pages or so.
    But, it's a neat feature.
    I'm not sure what people are saying about the Palm logo-
    In the page view it's tiny and next to the other logos (print/flag a mod/etc)-- I would say 99% f the people don't even notice, let alone find it distracting.
    In the thread index it's currently just small green dot- I'd prefer a Palm Pilot logo myself- but I'm fine with the dot (as long as it's there!)
    -Vince
    PS: If you are an avantgo user and would like to be able to add larger than 32k discussions to your palm- email them! Email customer support and ask them to create a feature that automatically breaks up pages over 32k in size you add you to your custom channels. This would be a feature they could write in 10 minutes, if enough people wanted it.
    No need to mention the HTF or anything- just tell them when you add custom channels with pages larger than 32k it doesn't work, and that it would be more useful to you if they could write a feature which would break the pages over 32k into multiple 32k sections automatically!
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here
    [Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on September 12, 2001 at 07:55 PM]
    [Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on September 12, 2001 at 08:17 PM]

6. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    New size and location of the button is big improvment from the original and no longer a distraction. I hope to try this neat new feature soon.