What's new

New Panny CP72 won't play DTS....!?!? (1 Viewer)

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot play a dvd in the DTS mode with my new Panasonic CP72...

The receiver (Denon 2802) doesn't get a DTS signal from the Panny. I reconnect my ailing Sony DVD-S360 and the DTS works fine.

I believe I have the CP72 configured properly...is there a known problem with these units? It also doesn't seem to pick up the Dolby Digital signal at times either. The Sony recognizes Dolby Digital right away...

Thanks,

Sean in Norcal

Nick V

Second Unit
The only advice I have is to make sure that you go into the menu, and set it up with DTS as bitstream instead of PCM. I believe that the default setting on most players is PCM for some reason.

Try that out, and see if it works.

Scott Hine

Stunt Coordinator
By default the player is set to "PCM, make sure to change it to " bitstream". I guess that is exactly what the first post says, oh well good luck.

On this same note. I also cannot get the test to on the DVD player (RP82), to play out in all five channels? I only get front right and front left. When watching a movie everything seems fine, but not when in the Players setup screens? Any ideas?

- Scott

Sean L

Stunt Coordinator
Got it!

DTS needed to be set to Bitstream and it was defaulted to PCM. I guess I didn't read the instructions well enough.

I noticed the same deal with the 5-channel test feature, I believe it only works when coax cables are connected, not when optical is present.

Thanks guys.

Sean

BrianTIR

Grip
Should the player be set to 2-channel or multi-channel sound when using the digital out into a DD/DTS receiver for sound?

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Should the player be set to 2-channel or multi-channel sound when using the digital out into a DD/DTS receiver for sound?
IIRC--I think the setting only matters when you are using the analog outs (either 2-channel or all of them) from the RP82.

Scott Hine

Stunt Coordinator
Sean L,
I do have the coax cable attached for sound. Still no luck on the DVD players sound test???
Oh well

MikeSh

Stunt Coordinator
I wanted to say that this thread saved me a lot of grief a couple days ago. I hooked up my new cp72 and when I did the setup I went in and changed DTS to bitstream. Thanks to what I had read here.

I also used the optical digital out and when I tried to do the sound test all I got was stereo. But when I put in a THX certified disk and did the sound check there I had great 5.1 sound.

MikeS.

BrianTIR

Grip
I think the sound test from the DVD player setup menu is for it's own analog outs, glad everything worked good.

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks