What's new

New Paint In HT Room. (1 Viewer)

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys, The wife picked out the color. If I could only convince her to paint the ceiling black. She said that would make the room too dark. Maybe when I get the FP she'll cave in:D

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Stupid question. What are the red things on the walls. are they just to make it look theatery or do they serve a purpose?

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Guys, Peter, the panels on the walls do serve a purpose. They are absorptive and reflective panels. The absorptive panels are for the first order reflections. They also help tame the sound around the front soundstage.(I don't like the echo effect) The reflective panels, witch are in the rear add to the spaciousness (sp) of the sound. (to my ears anyways) I'm no pro when it comes to room acoustics so it was trial and error and what sounded good to me. Plus I like the way they look.:)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
So the absorbative ones are in the front and sides and the refletive ones are in the back? What is a first order reflection? PS. I agree, they do look good.

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Peter, I'm sure that you could do a search on reflective points. There are people around here that know all about that stuff. What I did was from my seating position had the wife hold a mirror along the left wall. When I could see the left speaker in the mirror is where I put an absorptive panel. I did the same with the other wall. I did the same from a couple of other positions. I didn't really need to have them quite that tall, but I liked the look. Home Theater Mag. had an artical about a room which was a bit too lively. This is kinda what they did. Thats how I got my idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks