What's new

New Oppo BDP103D won't display on my Samsung HDTV LCD (1 Viewer)

Bleach

Agent
Real Name
Michael M
hi

just got ir yesterday. finally hooked it up this morning. after many troubleshooting and lots of googling im calling it quits for now. i bought it online and since its Sunday and especially Easter today the store isnt available to get help from. Hope to hear from you talented and knowledgeable members before the end of the day if possible. anyway, i have a old but still highly functional Samsung LN46A650 LCD HDTV and i used it previously with a sweet LG bluray player before upgrading. this oppo player just in case you didn't know is the darbee edition i realize now it isn't possible to utilize now since that feature requires HDMI 1.4 and my HDTV model didn't even come out yet when it was released. but i can hang onto it for the time being for that feature.

also i tried updating my firmware on my Samsung but apparently i have the same firmware that was the most recent. which is strange even tho there was only 3 and before doing that i did a factory reset on the Samsung. its quite possible the most up to date firmware which is very ancient was around or shortly before i bought that HDTV. after properly connecting everything according to what i read the Oppo just will not show up in my Samsung's input selection menu in order to view that device. On Oppo's LED display it says there was new firmware found. i used the remote to download it even tho i couldn't see anything but the cable channel i had on. the cable is only thing detected besides the ps3 and xbox360 when turned on and never the Oppo. after it was finished what it was doing with downloading and installing the firmware it still didn't solve the problem. im losing hope and this is really a crappy disappointment if its incompatible with my HDTV but i truly don't see how it can be other than the HDMI 1.4 aspect which thankfully was included by the store and not bought but now im currently using a 1.3.

many thanks in advance.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
hi

just got ir yesterday. finally hooked it up this morning. after many troubleshooting and lots of googling im calling it quits for now. i bought it online and since its Sunday and especially Easter today the store isnt available to get help from. Hope to hear from you talented and knowledgeable members before the end of the day if possible. anyway, i have a old but still highly functional Samsung LN46A650 LCD HDTV and i used it previously with a sweet LG bluray player before upgrading. this oppo player just in case you didn't know is the darbee edition i realize now it isn't possible to utilize now since that feature requires HDMI 1.4 and my HDTV model didn't even come out yet when it was released. but i can hang onto it for the time being for that feature.

also i tried updating my firmware on my Samsung but apparently i have the same firmware that was the most recent. which is strange even tho there was only 3 and before doing that i did a factory reset on the Samsung. its quite possible the most up to date firmware which is very ancient was around or shortly before i bought that HDTV. after properly connecting everything according to what i read the Oppo just will not show up in my Samsung's input selection menu in order to view that device. On Oppo's LED display it says there was new firmware found. i used the remote to download it even tho i couldn't see anything but the cable channel i had on. the cable is only thing detected besides the ps3 and xbox360 when turned on and never the Oppo. after it was finished what it was doing with downloading and installing the firmware it still didn't solve the problem. im losing hope and this is really a crappy disappointment if its incompatible with my HDTV but i truly don't see how it can be other than the HDMI 1.4 aspect which thankfully was included by the store and not bought but now im currently using a 1.3.

many thanks in advance.

I think I'd hook it up initially with a composite/component cable so you can see the OPPO output and see if the initial HDMI setup is correct, firmware UTD, etc. I can't remember if there is a setting that activates/deactivate HDMI or changes setting or not in the menu. The Darbee version still has non-HDMI connections from my memory

Could be a cable, could be a bad HDMI output, I'm guessing it's a set-up problem

Bleach

Agent
Real Name
Michael M
thanks guys for your replies. i eventually discovered the error. it was a silly one i admit. i looked again at the manual and realized there was other hdmi connection ports. i had the wrong one inserted on the back of the Oppo so the signal was not received correctly because of it. anyways the oppo is working great now and im enjoying the heck outta it. thanks for the replies guys. if any mods are reading this you can close this thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks