What's new

New NIN news (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I wish I was special enough to have heard the album. Or maybe Im just too lazy to "search" for it. Ive preordered the dual disc though. I cant wait.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Well, release day is like less than 2 weeks away. Maybe you should just wait to hear it. You really don't have to worry about the album sucking because so far the unanimous opinion is that it's great.

But then again, maybe you should try "finding" it.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I have finally heard the album, yes its quite good, but I think Im partial to the Fragile. "Everyday Is Exactly The Same" is a great song, cant wait to get my dual disc to hear this in surround sound. This album seems stripped down, less harsh, more up-beat. It will grow on me just as the Fragile did.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Here's the Dual Disc info straight from NIN.com

CD Side:
"With Teeth" CD Audio

DVD Side:
Entire album in 5.1 surround sound
High resolution Stereo and 5.1 Surround on DVD-Audio Players
Dolby digital stereo and 5.1 Surround on Standard DVD Players

Music Video:
The Hand That Feeds
Images during DVD-Audio Playback only
Body of Work section with selected audio and video clips from NIN's entire catalog.

Track Listing
1 All The Love In The World
2 You Know What You Are?
3 The Collector
4 The Hand That Feeds
5 Love Is Not Enough
6 Every Day Is Exactly The Same
7 With Teeth
8 Only
9 Getting Smaller
10 Sunspots
11 The Line Begins To Blur
12 Beside You In Time
13 Right Where It Belongs

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
No SACD release this time around. There are rumours that the UK may get a SACD release, probably because of the late Dualdisc start over there, but no SACD here in the US.

I would almost bet that sales influenced it. With the SACD of TDS costing over twice as much, the sales compared to the Dualdisc probably sucked.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That kind of sucks, but I'm buying it anyway and it looks like I'll be getting the DD. Listened to it earlier today - a little different than previous stuff, but sounds pretty good. I liked some of the tracks on the first listen through, but nothing really seemed to stand out.

I had to search around for it when it came out, but I bought the SACD of TDS :)

AricB

Second Unit
part of the problem, was likely where to find the sacd, Dual's were stocked at lots of BB's in cd section, but SACD's not as often, mostly in that barren wasteland they call a high res section....

i bought both, BTW.

I'm still looking forward to WT, but most of the mp3's i've got my ears on, were of songs, that weren't all that impressive, and I am a huge fan of just about everything prior? not sure what that means.

Steve Felix

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve Felix
I don't think this is the towering achievement that The Fragile is, but most of it is still pretty brilliant. When he pulls out all the stops, I can't think of anyone else in the world who rocks harder while remaining coherent.

I cannot WAIT to shake the walls with the end of "Sunspots" in 5.1.

"Beside You in Time" is the most original song here, I'd say, and possibly the best. The album as a whole has taken me a few listens to get into (while TF grabbed me immediately), but I'm warming up to it in a big way.

Kris Deering

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris Deering
I think WT is a phenominal CD. When I first listened to it "All the Love in the World", "Everyday is Exactly the Same", "Beside You in Time" and "Right Where it Belongs" all floored me and had me hooked. I have grown to love Sunspots and Only and I really think the only weak track on the entire album is Getting Smaller.

I can't wait to hear the whole thing in 5.1, especially Besides you in Time. That could possibly be the best surround song ever.

Really??? I had the opposite experience. Every place I went had tons of the SACD but no Dualdiscs. I bought both of course but I went to like 7 stores before I found the DD. Seems I wasn't alone based on all the posts at the NIN forums.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I found plenty of the DD on the release date and bought it because there were no SACDs. The kuckleheads at Best Buy didn't even know what an SACD was...:rolleyes, but I got a raincheck and got the discounted release date price for the SACD (the only reason I went there looking for it) when they eventually got some in. I didn't have a problem finding the SACD, it's just that I wasn't going to pay $32 for it at Tower when I could get it for $19 at BB.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I only have a DVD-A player, no SACD for me. it sucks too cause I want DSOTM and TDS. But I picked up the DD of TDS off of John Garcia,....:emoji_thumbsup: Thanks again!:emoji_thumbsup: One of my fav's. Yeah, I cant wait to hear With Teeth in Surround. I think it may help me to grow fonder of WT. So far I like "Everyday is Exactly the Same" and "All the Love In The World" as well as "THe Hand that Feeds"

AricB

Second Unit

funny cause getting smaller and line begins to blur are all i've heard so far... hopefully your right Kris.

Yeah, our BB's around here are doing pretty good with DD's, but sacd's are all but vanishing at our stores...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks