What's new

New Member Check In (1 Viewer)

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
Hey all. I'm new to these forums, but no stranger to home theater and audio equipment. The home theater system I have, I've owned for over 5 years now and still love it! It consists of a pair of Paradigm Monitor 7's (Can't remember the version) with the appropriate matching center speaker (I think CC-360/370 or something) Matching surround speakers, with a Paradigm PW2200 500 watt sub, and a Marantz SR7500. It sounds very good, better then most I have heard people own. One day I'd like to upgrade, but financially it's impossible right now, especially for the cost of what I'd like to upgrade to, which would be the Paradigm Signature series speakers, S8 front speakers, matching center and surrounds powered by a Parasound A51 amp. The Paradigm SUB 2 looks awesome, but definitely out of my range BY FAR (not like the rest isn't lmao). I always seem to go crazy with the surround set-up that I only have a very moderate amount left for the television. I have a Sony 40inch LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. I know a lot of you guys probably have much better systems on here and I look forward to reading about them and seeing them on here. I also DJ so I have a DJ sound system as well (not that it's appropriate for these forums) but I am pleased with the sound I get from them as well. Certainly a lot louder then any home system I have ever heard lol. I do use everything for music a lot more often then movies, but when I do get together with some friends for a movie, we enjoy the hell out of it. Hopefully sometime in the future, I will financially be able to upgrade my home theater system for something in the range I listed before. I look forward to being apart of these forums as audio has been one of my passion's my whole life, longer then any other passion I have currently.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Welcome Mario. You came to the right place ... we can definitely help you rationalize that upgrade you've been eyeing up!

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
Lmao thanks for the welcome! Oh man, it won't take much to rationalize that for me lol. I'm having a hard time convincing myself that upgrading would be irrational!

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
Lmao thanks for the welcome! Oh man, it won't take much to rationalize that for me lol. I'm having a hard time convincing myself that upgrading would be irrational! I apologize, for some reason my response got entered twice. I can't figure out how to delete one of them

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
mccambley said:
You have a pretty nice set up already, of course anyone of us would take your upgrade system. The first place I would upgrade is the TV to a bigger set and a plasma model over LED/LCD.
You think a Plasma over an actual projector? I was looking more at projector for the larger screen size capabilities and the "movie theater" feel. I know the plasma's tend to have a better picture, with a much higher refresh rate (600Hz I believe), but is that "burn in" problem I heard so much about still a problem?

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
WOW! What source material is available in 4k though? Seems a bit ahead of it's time. The Panasonic is certainly more realistic lol. When I was looking at these projectors about 5 years ago, the salesmen of American Audiophile (Small privately owned audiophile store) was showing me an Epson projector designed for movies. At the time it was 3 grand. Now I believe it's about 600 bucks. Amazing how the prices drop. I need a couple more DJ gigs to buy something like this. The 3 grand range would be my max.

Blackdevil77

Agent
Real Name
Mario
Actually awesome you posted that. Eventually at some point, I'm gonna want/need to add to 60' displays to my DJ rig, that Panasonic seems to fit the bill nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks