What's new

New Madonna: Defying Gravity 11/05 (1 Viewer)

John Wielgosz

Stunt Coordinator
Read on a fan site that Maddy's talking about going on tour next summer. Hope everyone's credit cards are ready, I'm going even further attendance wise than I did with 'Re-Invention' (feels like I just saw those shows).

Maybe we'll finally get the 'Re-Invention' DVD along with the new album?

Oh, Rachael, since you expressed interest in acoustic Madonna, I think there's some tracks on 'Music' and 'American Life' you should check out.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
There is a part of the Drowned World Tour DVD that is (mostly) acoustic, check out the great version of La Isla Bonita :).
Re the new album, I really hope she will not work with Mirwais again, although a couple of songs, especially on Music, were good, it seems a dead end to me. If she won't go back to William Orbit, I hope she finds someone as innovative and creative.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

Rachael,

I'm sorry but I didn't mean to imply that there were not any huge artists out there but simply none that I would personally consider huge.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Madonna was on The View and The Today Show yesterday and she confirmed that an album will be released late October or November. She also said it is ALL dance and that she will tour again next summer.
Yes, my credit card is ready. went to 4 shows for Reinvention and was hands down the best show i've ever been to.
As for the DVD for that, they're doing one of two things: waiting for the theatrical release of her documentary or waiting for the DVD release of it. I'm betting on the former simply because everything is marketing with her. It would be a great way to combine everything together. Sure enough though, the end of this year is definitely going to be Madonna filled with the movie, album and DVD...and lord knows what else.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
John, I have both of those albums. I just think her run as a dance act is about over. I just wish she knew it and would evolve.:)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Robert, I think their are plenty of huge talents out there. They're just harder than ever to find. The major labels just supress them, in effect. ...sad, sad, sad! :)

CraigL

Screenwriter

You obviously didn't bother to buy a ticket to her tour last summer. The best memories I have of that summer are that show...every time i saw it. She's just as amazing now...and hearing all of those classic songs all together in one show...the audience was lit up. There's very little to complain about that show.

CraigL

Screenwriter

She also isn't a singer...and no, it wouldn't suit her voice, that's for sure. She would have to seriously start training for that type of material. Plus, she would lose A LOT of her fan base if she stopped doing dance music.
And I'm still at a loss as to why she should. She still kicks ass. And to be honest, I listen to AL more than I listen to Music. In the long run, it's just a better and more interesting album to me.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

have you heard Music and American Life? she dabbled with acoustic on both albums.

Personally, I'm glad the next cd will be all dance, it's time someone decides to give the genre the boost it needs. We need someone to come up with a Kylie-ish album to make dance music relevant in the states again, I'm tired of dance doing nothing while hip hop is huge.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

I wouldn't go that far, but I do think the dance fanbase is the fanbase that has been with Madonna from day one. If she completely left dance music behind, that market would see it as her giving us the finger, and we'd never support her again.

One of the reasons Jennifer Lopez's last album has bombed so badly was because she no longer has the dance community on her side. We were her biggest supporters when she first came out, and she quickly gave us the finger and alligned herself with the hip hop community, and then she tried to return to dance music, but we remember the way she jumped bandwagons when she saw fit. Granted, Madonna is much more established than Lopez, but she knows better.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
And back to my original post in this thread...this quote is from the "Ask Billboard" column that was posted on Wed. June 8 at Billboard.com:

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Guyz, I haven't forgotten how much I liked Madonna as Eva Peron or as a jazz singer in Dick Tracy. I'm not a particularly big lover of dance music but she did it very well, well enough to pull even me in. I always like the acoustic pieces of which there have been many, best. That's me, I'd rather hear her with a jazz trio or quartet than any other way, proably??? I'll have her new album but I may wish upon a star for somethin' else, next time...

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

well, I think it's a particularly smart move for Madonna to do an all-dance album. Right now, dance music is practically dead commercially, even a lot of "gay dance clubs" are starting to feature more r&b/hip hop than the dance club music that put them on the map. Only somebody with the clout of a Madonna, or even a Janet Jackson, could come out with a dance-album and actually shift the tides back a bit. I am sick of seeing younger gay guys at a club wanting to hear 50 Cent (who is a major homophobe) over new music from somebody like Erasure. Hip hop is NOT our "friend".

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Jay, what strange politics you find in a Madonna album! It seems logical though. I have a hard time accepting the very idea of bash-rappers being acceptable or wanted faire in gay clubs! I wouldn't wanna hear it in any dance club, much less a gay-ish one! Hell no! I quess I haven't been out much lately.

CraigL

Screenwriter
Supposed track listing:

Withered: Written and Produced by Madonna and Stuart Price
Insanity Fantasy: Written by Madonna; Produced by Madonna, Bloodshy & Avant
Going Every Mile: Written and Produced by Madonna and Stuart Price
Bad Nature: Written by Madonna and Mirwais Ahmazdai; Produced by Madonna and
Will Gregory
Exileration: Written and Produced by Madonna and Stuart Price; Additional
Mixing by Mark "Spike" Stent
I Trust Nothing: Written by Madonna and Guy Sigsworth; Produced by Madonna
and Nelee Hooper; Additional mixing by Mark "Spike" Stent
Defying Gravity: Written and Produced by Madonna and Stuart Price
A Perfect World: Written by Madonna and Patrick Leonard; Produced by Madonna
and Ray Carroll
Way Off Base: Written by Madonna and Monte Pittman; Produced by Madonna and
Stuart Price
(I Love) New York: Written and produced by Madonna and Monte Pittman
The Demon's Disco: Written and produced by Madonna and Will Gregory;
Additional Mixing by Mark "Spike" Stent
Beyond/Why Does it End?: Written and produced by Madonna, Stuart Price and
Monte Pittman
Following the Sun: Written by Madonna and Patrick Leonard; Produced by
Madonna and Stuart Price

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Alright, Patrick Leonard! He's done some great stuff with Madonna. It's good to see him on board.

I'll pick up the new album. It'll be interesting to hear an all-dance album from her in this decade.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I had a major crush on Madonna in her "Dick Tracy" period...Then again, I was 7 years old at the time.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
A late reply, only just saw this thread...
Only one track with Mirwais, GOOD. And Patrick Leonard back, GREAT! Stuart Price and the rest of the guys, I don't know them, but if Madonna says a 'dance album' I'll buy it unheard.

Phil_L

Second Unit
The real title for this record is "Confessions on a Dancefloor" and it is set for release on 11/15. It is a straight up dance record, like we've been hoping for. Tracklisting above was just a rumor. Real tracks include:

Hung Up (first single)
I Love New York
Sorry
Jump
Forbidden Love
Get Together

Soooooooo excited for this record!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members