What's new

New Line Not Using Snappers Anymore? (1 Viewer)

Paul Chi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
I noticed that John Q., Blade 2, and Jason X are not snappers. Is this a new permanent thing for New Line? I really hope so cause I really hate the snapper cases. I sure hope Warner starts doing the same thing.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
- John Q is an Infinifilm title, alas no snapper.
- Blade II is a two-disc special edition, ergo no snapper.
When I see Jason X in a keepcase (either from a review of the DVD or in my hands), then I'll believe New Line is not using snappers anymore.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I hope you mean 'ergo' and not 'alas'. 'Alas' means unfortunately.
Thanks, I'm just full of mistakes today. :)
Also, why is Jason X in a keepcase (from that photo, the packaging could change), but almost all of New Line's future releases look like they will be in snappers (other than the 2 disc releases of Blade II and FOTR and of course the 4 disc release of FOTR)?

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
All I can figure is that either Jason X is a two-discer or they're using keepcases for all Infinifilm and Platinum titles and snappers for everything else.

Travis D

Second Unit
I think the reason that both Jason movies are in keepcases is because newline is considerate of the people who have already bought the Paramount releases. That way they look all nice and purdy when lined up. When I see a regular 1-disc non-series movie, then I'll believe they have dumped snappers.

Pierre Gagne

Agent
New Line titles are released in Canada by Alliance Atlantis. Since they started including french tracks on DVDs from New Line, they had to make a new package indicating the additional track. Fortunately, they use Amaray cases instead of the snapper ones.

Pierre

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
The Jason X Pic is just a mock-up after all, it might not look like that upon release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks