What's new

New Klipsch Synergy or Def Tech for 100% home theter use? (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Just in general, what would you pick? 100% movies, already have a big sub, and will probably get a Denon 3805 or something. Lets not worry about price or anything, but a same-priced Def Tech system vs. a Klipsch Synergy system, what would you prefer?

I am in the business, so please do not recommend other brands, just toying with these two right now.

Mains - large bookshelves (single 6.5" woofer probably)
Center - massive center (dual 6.5" one)
Surrounds - whatever matches the system.

Thanks!

mackie

Supporting Actor
Definitive technology's bipolar speakers are amazing. If I was doing a HT only system, they would be my choice.

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
the new synergy series looks very nice to me. of course, i've not heard them yet. i bet 4 B3s and a C3 center with an ample sub would really shine, though, especially for that price.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Ken, I don't mean to be sarcastic, but since you are "in the business" I am surprised you are even asking this question - unless you are doing some marketing survey.
I think you need to listen to them yourself and decide. But, since you asked, I love my all- Klipsch system. I love the sound, as I think it is "detailed", "lively" and accurate, as well as warm/pleasant with heart-throbbing base. (well, besides the RF-7 towers, I am using the SVS).
But, then again, I have not done much listening of the def. tech. I do have a friend that swears by them, as loyal as I am to my Klipsch. Maybe we hear a bit of what we "want" to hear in them.:D I just found out I'm losing a little hearing in 1 - ear. Heck, it might be overly "bright" to some, but sound darn good to me.
Those new synergy models look pretty cool- and you know - that always helps a little as well:emoji_thumbsup:

mackie

Supporting Actor
The power monitor series are very nice speakers. Might be a little more than the klipsch synergy series though.

As noted above. What you like and what I like are probably different. Buy what you think sounds best.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Mike - questions are free, the gear I am going to buy is not.

The way things are, I cannot compare the systems, so more blind luck.

I will probably do the Klipsch system.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Word!

Just seeing if the grass is greener on the other side.

Yeah, playing with the numbers, the Synergies are the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks