New Hulk Hogan DVD!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin J Willis, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Kevin J Willis

Kevin J Willis Stunt Coordinator

Anybody have any info on this? It comes out on August 20th and all I know is that it is a 2 DVD set but that is all the info I've seen so far.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

You'll have to look at the physical DVD. The WWF(I refuse to use WWE except if I were reviewing one of their titles) never lists full specs for their DVDs

3. Kajs

Kajs Second Unit

I hope its akin to the Ultimate Jordan DVD with all his best(and worst) matches featuring "Top 10 Leg Drops"

I can't find any features for this anywhere.

4. Jeff Kleist

Is there actually a difference in Hogan's matches? He says so himself that he basically throws rights, gets wailed on, hulks up, does the boot, drops the leg and hits the showers

And he's been doing that for 20 years

5. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

According to Image Entertainment:
    WWE: Hollywood Hulk Hogan: Hulk Still Rules
    Release: 8/20/02
    Length: 360 minutes
    MSRP: $29.99
    Synopsis: Before he was the idol of millions, before he was Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Terry Bollea was a fan with a dream. But even he couldn't imagine where that dream would lead. No one in sports-entertainment has had quite the ride that Hollywood Hulk Hogan has. For the past 18 years, he has been the single most recognizable person in all the industry. And for the majority of his 25-year career, he has been on the short list of the game's elite, head-lining wherever he went and creating a cultural movement called Hulkamania in the process. This is his story.
    Features: 2-Disc Set; 15 Rare and Classic Matches (240min.) spanning Hollywood Hulk Hogan's entire career, including his debut in 1979; Bonus Interviews
    They also have a front cover image posted at Image's site.

6. Kevin J Willis

Thanks for the info. I think that 1979 debut match was against Ted Dibiase.

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

8. Jeff Kleist

I agree that Hulk is his old self again. I don't hate Hulk Hogan, and frankly I'm finding his matches more entertaining than Rock's right now. Rock just seems to be walking through his career right now, let's see if he really can make it in Hollywood.
    Here's the difference. Every Rock match is the same, except occasionally he steals someone old's trademark move that he hasn't stolen before.
    Hulk Hogan is always the same, but it's all his own material.
    I love Rock, and I've seen some amazing matches out of him. I just wish he'd stop being so lazy
    I miss WWF 1998 [​IMG] They need Mick Foley and they need him now

9. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

I agree....
    Thanks for the info..I just might pick this one up.

Calvin

10. Romier S

Romier S Producer

11. Jeff Kleist

The match with the 20 German suplexes? That was a great match

But back to the HH DVD, I really wish the WWF would be very specific in their spec listing. I've passed on pre-ordering a whole ton of titles because I have no clue what's on them

12. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I will be picking up this one as well.
    there is nothing better than nostalgia
    [​IMG]

13. Kevin J Willis

I hope that we can get a Ric Flair 2 DVD set too, as well as some Jim Crockett promotions/WCW dvds.

14. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

While we're on the topic of old school WWF fans...I REALLY want to see some of the old Wrestlemanias on DVD. Specifically WM4 whcih was the one where they did it in a championship tournament style. I have an original Colesium Home video two VHS tape that I got on ebay about a year ago, but the quality of the first tape is very shoddy, and, well, its VHS! [​IMG]
    As for this Hogan DVD, if its REALLY 4 hours of Hogan material, I'm all over it.

15. Jeff Kleist

I'm personally betting on some Wrestlemania collections sooner rather than later

16. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

FWIW - Im not sure if prices are welcome here, but playcentric.com has this title up for preodrder for $15.35 plus free U.S. shipping right now.

And I certainly hope they dont just release collections of Wrestlemania's, I want the whole thing that was included on the video tape, including the preshow montage, all the Bob Eucker stuff, etc.

17. Scott_J

Scott_J Cinematographer

Someone at DVDTalk posted an alleged list of extras, from Scott Keith (whoever he is):

18. DanC

DanC Stunt Coordinator

Pre-ordered my copy a few days ago (thanks to this thread). Count me in as one that can't wait to go through these discs! I'm really surprised they're including so many rare & great matches...I'm one happy Hulkamaniac! [​IMG]

19. Kevin J Willis

If that list of extras is true, this will be one great DVD. The Hogan-Andre match from 1980 maybe the most rare of Hogan matches, because during the 80's, The WWF never acknowleged this match ever taking place.

Also, I'm wondering about the All-Star Wrestling appearance. Is this the AWA program? If it is, this is another rarity.

20. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Where is Hogan vs. Warrior from WM6? Where is Hogan vs. Savage from WM5?

~T