What's new

New HT Construction (1 Viewer)

BrianKR

Second Unit

I might just take you up on that.
My family and I are considering moving there and we will be visiting within the next couple months to check it out. No more snow to shovel! :emoji_thumbsup:

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker

Only 3.2 million. Geez you are getting off light. I remember the day I got number 7.8 million done. Boy that was some day. And then my wife handed me another book about the size of the Houston Yellow Pages with print small enough to need to get out my 100 power ocular and said as she road off into the night "There are always more where that came from!"

In all seriousness. Your whole place looks fantastic. I would have to be spending some serious time on your new front deck too. Keep us posted not only on your HT progression but the whole house.

Foster Gullett

Auditioning

That is the day I think we all dream about. I look forward to seeing your theater progress more and more towards completion. It is turning out great. Keep the pics coming!

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Parker and Foster, I really appreciate your comments. It has been very satisfying witnessing this HT/Media Room portion of my project spring to life from my thoughts and sketches. I have tweaked these rooms in my head for years in hopes that one day I could make them real... the day grows closer. As Walt Whitman would say... simplicity is the glory of expression.

In the mid 80's I was trying to figure out how to connect four speakers to our TV set... I've come a long way since then, but the passion remains true.

Ben Harper

Grip
Hey Scott,

Where in Canton are you? I'm off Sixes Road in Lake Sovereign (for now). Completed my HT a year ago. Seems to be the latest crave in our area. I'd love to see the finished product if it's okay. You're welcome to visit my HT anytime (preview at AVSforum in gallery).

I have the upgrade bug so decided to build a new house in west Cobb - just as I finally get the basement finished.

Ben Harper

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ben:

Post the pictures of your HT here on our gallery too. I am sure that other would love to see it.

Scott:

I love the attention to detail like the crown moldings and so on that you are putting into this. Hell, the media room is going to look as good as the HT. :)

Parker

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Will, I appreciate it!

Ben... how cool that you are close by (for now). You are certainly welcome to stop by now/later/whenever. Be forwarned... the house resembles a third world country (a really poor one) at the moment, construction is less than glamorous. Nonetheless, you are welcome anytime. I would love to check your HT out, I always see things I like in other HT's, always fun.

Parker... yeah, getting overboard with trim is fun. I am fortunate enough to have the space for the Media Room (read: I have the coolest wife in the world) so I wanted it to look above average. I am not gold plating everything and putting little frilly things everywhere, I just want the Media Room to be visually interesting as well as functional.

I want the HT to be clean and simple, no clutter at all. I did, however, elect to leave my speakers exposed. I have received a lot of criticism on that one, many people prefer to hide or enclose the speakers. My personal choice to leave them exposed is not a complex thougth process, rather, I admire high end speakers. When you get into the 7 to 10k bracket speakers are like art. The cabinets are precise in every way and the shapes/designs become visually stunning. I already miss my Acarian Systems Alon II's (even thought hey are down stairs) as they are a delite to gaze upon. I suppose I'm a sucker for an attractive speaker.

Update... not a lot to offer here. All of todays efforts were outdoors. A massive grading campaign was launch, a earth offensive, if you will. Of course, in true Georgia fashion, it rained like all living hell as soon as the 67.2 million metric tons of dirt were exposed. That is absolutely normal for my luck, I fully expected the rain. Anyway, next forms will be built and enough concrete to fill the Astrodome will be poured. Electrician is scheduled to appear tomorrow. I use the word appear because it reminds me of magic, magic is what I think happens when the electrician actually shows up when he says he will. Magic and the electrician... a symbiont relationship I suppose.

More to come, stay tuned...

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

I was just wondering. What are you going to use for a sub along with your set up or do you even want a sub in your system?

What is the grading all about?

Parker

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Parker,

For subs I am going to use my two Klipsch KSW-200's that I have on hand until I can step up. I have not had the opportunity to properly research subs currently available so it's tough to make a purchase now. I had done some reading on Bob Carver's Sunfire subs since I purchased the Sunfire Ultimate Receiver but I have made no comparisons yet. The quality of sound I get from the Klipsch subs on hand will determine the level of urgency for the upgrade... time will tell.

The grading... I decided to change the shape of our lot. I was experiencing minor water issues after the new construction (coming into the garage) so a dozer was brought in to radically modify mother earth. My yard was trashed from construction efforts anyway so it seemed the right time to take the plunge. I now have more dirt and mud than I knew could exist in one location but in a day or two an ocean of concrete shall sanitize the issue. Just another level of home remod excitement, hopefully that excitement has peaked now.

Exhibit A:

http://pic8.picturetrail.com/VOL242/...6/59141419.jpg

Bring on the concrete!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

Well if you ever are in the market for a great sub I cannot recommend a subwoofer higher than an SV subwoofer. If you look through our speakers section you will see plenty of examples of others that have bought one of their subs.

I cannot believe the amount of work that you have put into this remodel. The place is looking great!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Scott:

I personally feel that the best analogy that I can give you in your particular situation is putting an SV Sub into your HT will be like adding Nitrous to one of your cars. Not always used but will really kick your ass when it is put into play. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
One day you will look back on all of this and say ...

"What the hell was I thinking anyway?!" :)

Have you ever checked out Dr. Fowkes HT he built as an addition to his place? He is one of our admins and you can check it out Link Removed.

His collection of DVDs and LDs is something to behold.

I look forward to your pics from this weekend for sure.

Scott A. Pope

Stunt Coordinator
Dr. Fowkes HT is impressive indeed. I love all the media he has, when I grow up... oh forget it, I'm not growing up. I do hope that I planned for enough future growth in my Media Room, I think I'm okay for a while anyway.

Oh, I also liked his choice of color, burgundy (not screaming red). :D

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Fowkes' was I think one of the first HTs that I encountered on the forum years back.
It's still something to behold.
From the rockette seats to his dvd/ld racks.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I have yet to see his Runco in action in his theater. Hopefully I will be able to get by to see it sometime before he gets another FPTV to replace it with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks