What's new

New home theater suggestions (1 Viewer)

Kevin.W.H

Auditioning
I am looking to put together a new home theater in a 15 x 26 room...high ceilings. I am looking for about 50% HT 50% music.

I need it all - for about 7,000USD give or take.

I was thinking front projector, 5.1/7.1 (haven't decided), don't really know if receiver is good or separates better, I have whole room for this so any sizes/configurations are acceptable.

I was looking for a good matched system that I will obviously use a lot.

I've looked at lots of internet direct sites and read a lot of reviews...I also have been to my local shops (only a couple to choose from) but I can't seem to see a whole package come together.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks.

JohnN

Agent
Personally, I think you need to first decide what is more important to you; audio or video.

If the video is most important, review as much information as you can and spec out and price a projector/screen/source. You can then see how much of your budget is left to spec out and price the audio components and speakers. If audio is more important, start there.

As you visit stores to actually listen and see the choices, you will learn more about your personal preferences and whether your first system ideas hold up to real world testing.

Good luck.

And have fun. :)

Mike Matheson

Second Unit
Hi Kevin,

After deciding which is more important to you (audio vs. video), it'd also help if you let us know which sources you're wanting to include in your system (DVDP, CDP, Sat, Cable, HD sources, SACD, DVD-A, etc.), if there are constraints in terms of looks and/or placement and mounting positions for speakers, etc. Oh--and do you have full or partial light-control in this room?

You can certainly put together a great system within your budget--the challenge will be to create a balanced system that works together well and gives you good performance for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks