What's new

NEW HD format to be launched...the industry responds to HTF demands! (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Today, in Kalifornie, Carlos Boozer is in court seeking an injunction against, pop idol, Prince, asking that he be permanently forbidden to employ purple stickers on his future HD disc releases. Boozer, Prince's landlord, claims purple clashes, needlessly, wih all other colour groups and can be illegally down-loaded by anybody, even cavemen.

Robert Holloway

Stunt Coordinator
I was in the Emeryville Magnolia and they had the new stickers on display

I reckon there were about 20 of us all watching the guy demo them. I was astonished at the clarity of these new stickers, they just have to be seen to be believed. The old stickers looked good, but these are incredible. Check out the green one, it seeme dto have an almost 3-d, holographic impact. We were all wowed by this. The red one was fine, but the blue seemed pretty ordinary.

The guys representing the HD group said that the first stickers had been rushed out and appeared to have issues adhering to the disc causing endless crashing of the player. That said they guaranteed that when production stickers came out there would be no problems. Their sticker swere cheaper so we were all more forgiving and open to their stories.

The rep for the competing Blu sticker said that they will be out shortly and had the support of Office Depot, Office World, Staples and Officemax. he clained that their stickers had higher stickiness and would even be used on the boxes of games machines. I dunno, that was the clincher for me. My games machine box is always coming open and this seemed like the key.

Several of us asked why they could not just agree on one sticker but it seemed that the reps had corporate instructions to avoid such questions.

I dunno, stickers are such an important part of our lives that you'd think that someone would intervene and create order. All this paranoia and angst, it just makes me unsure. Are my existing stickers going to carry on working for the next few years before someone comes out with a new approach completely. Changing sticker sis a big deal and I'm worried that I could get the wrong one.

I'm going on a cruise in the next few weeks to meet the leaders of the new sticker industry and will also be reading sticker forums edlessly to get the truth. I'll report back when I know more.

Some times I wonder if I'd be better off getting a life than worrying about effing stickers. My friends seem to all be doing intersting things while I'm researching stickers. They're not even sure that I've not lost the plot completely. But the great thing is that I know that there are people here who worry about stickers. I'm with people like me who care. We won't be fooled by sticker manufacturers. I'm going to get to the truth of all, of this I promise you.

Stickers are important,

Aren't they?

Rob

Nils Luehrmann

Senior HTF Member
The sticker war is over! - The sticker war is over!

Both sides have agreed to compromise and end the war.

So what does it mean for us consumers?:
  • A compromise in sticky quality.
  • A compromise in sticker features.
  • A compromise in compatibility.
  • A compromise in content.
  • A compromise in pricing.
Oh, and a compromise in color... instead of red or blue, the new stickers will be green.

Have a nice day. :)

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor

Sheesh. You'd think that if Hollywood couldn't allow a full-resolution colour image to be passed via component outputs, they'd at least provide a composite output.

Instead, it seems they decided to provide just the green jack instead of all three component outputs, and early adopters with no HDMI will be stuck watching a green-tinted image. That's fine for The Matrix, but you know, the effect gets old fast when watching, for instance, the unrated Girl Next Door, where the half-naked hot chick will look like a radioactive mutant straight out of Chernobyl... unless, of course, this is an intentional attempt to sell us another version of that movie (now with an alternative plot).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks