What's new

New Harry Potter Novel Coming (pricing details too) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
It is going to be a great year for books! I really enjoy the HP series. I have gone to the last two HP book parties at Barnes and Nobles and in July (since my husband has become addicted to the series)I am taking him with me! The parties are always so much fun and last year I won a prize (guessed how many every flavored beans were in the jar and won the jar).

I didn't enjoy the first two movies, but I really liked the third one and am looking forward to the fourth!

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Potter should have turned dark in the 5th book and so I am hoping in book 6 he will. I agree, don't kill him off...yet!

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
Potter is not going to turn dark. You'll be waiting for book 8 to be written if you're waiting for that.

One thing that concerns me is that Rowling better not kill Potter in book 7 or alot of fans will be pissed.

I think Potter is going to die, and he will die to save Ron and Hermione in a willful act of love, an act that will obliterate Voldemort. Later in life, when Ron and Hermione have their first child, it will be a boy, and above his head will be a birthmark in the shape of a scar.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm not sure if I'm excited. I've enjoyed the previous five, but I do hope this book lightens up. I've found the incessant anger of the characters increasingly taxing. Especially the last one, it was becoming harder to enjoy the characters and their world. for all the inner turmoils, resentments, and angst.

Perhaps, having not read any Potter for a while, the next one will feel fresher. I read the last two or three right on top of each other.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

That's how teenagers are, and I think one of the great accomplishments of her books--to accurately capture the experience of growing up.

Joel C

Screenwriter
Potter is not going to die. Rowling is telling a good story, but clearly not THAT story. Sort of against the message of empowerment.

That doesn't mean Hagrid, or Dumbledore, or even, say, Snape won't die, but not Harry, or I'll start at the beginning and eat all the books!

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Thats kinda the way I feel. But if he were to die I think if it were to be like Ernest said it wouldnt be that bad. I dont want him to die though.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
I just can't see Rowling killing Harry off. While dark at times, it's never struck me as being that dark of a story in that way. In fact, I'll even go so far as to say I expect all three of the central characters make it through book 7 alive. I certainly hope they all do at the very least, but I think Ernest is right that if one of them is to die, it will be Harry, and Ron and Hermione will live to be together and remember him, almost certainly naming their first son after Harry. But I still think he survives. I don't think Rowling would be willing to put her audience through that and crush plenty of kids literally all over the planet.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
The rumour on this side of the Herring Pond is that Hagrid gets killed in the next book (defending his giant half-brother, perhaps?).

JK Rowling has understandably been tight-lipped about the fate of the various lead characters, but she is also good at leaving little clues about what will happen to the various characters throughout the books. I think it's a good bet that:

(1) Ron will be tempted to betray Harry through the offer of fabulous wealth. A good second bet is that Hermione will save him from this and it's this which will finally bring them together.

(2) Syrius Black will make some sort of reappearance (if only from the spirit world) - remember all that stuff at the end of Order of the Phoenix about the gate showing other realities?

(3) Voldemort will die, but to lay open the possibility of a sequel (in spite of JKR's protestations), a new threat will be created. My guess it will be Draco (who will have an added impetus following the death of his dad).

(4) Snape will either become heroic and take over from Dumbledore (I personally think it's more likely that he will die in the next book than Hagrid) or turn out to be Voldemort's 'sleeper'.

(5) The Ministry of Magic will make a huge mess of things and this will cause the death of someone.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

As the basic plot of Books 4 & 5, she'll probably just recycle this one again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The covers for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince were released today:

Once again, I think the US gets the best cover. The adult UK cover is nifty too, though.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Can you see the look on Ron's face when she gives birth to little Harry w/ a scar on his forehead....

Dumbledore needs to get real close to Harry and Voldemort needs to make him choose between a trapped Dumbledore or Ron and Hermione.

Maybe all the magical creatures will stand together against the demons that Voldemort releases...
Or maybe Voldemort reveals the magic wolrd to the muggles who out of mistrust start a war...
Maybe magic will disappear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks