What's new

New guy from New York (1 Viewer)

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
Glad to have found this place. Just finished re building after a major flood caused by hurricane sandy. Jumped into technology overload. I had a system installed and it is almost perfect but I am looking to fine tune 2 issues 1. I wanted to control a 6 zone speaker switch with my iPhone. So far no way my guy can find works. I have an Aton remote but I was hoping to be remote-less. Any apps or ideas 2. I have a new denon receiver and when using Internet radio. Re local stations stopped populating. Any idea why? Thanks for any help or guidance. Have a great night Jeff

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Welcome to HTF, Jeff! I can't answer your questions, but I'll bet someone will be along who can.

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
Thanks for the bump. I am on several forums but for cars and photography. Feeling very in the dark right now. Have a good night.
Steve Tannehill said:
Welcome to HTF, Jeff! I can't answer your questions, but I'll bet someone will be along who can.

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
How would the harmony app cause the local Internet station to show up on my denon app? I am very new to this? Thanks

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm not sure. If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend a multi-room system from Sonos. You can control each zone individually, all the same of any combination and all from a smart phone or tablet.

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
I have 6 zones so that would mean I need 6 sonos units at about 350 a pop it is very expensive. As it sits the one Aton unit does it all but sadly I am saddled with a remote. Am I wrong? I hope so. Thanks Jeff
Robert_J said:
I'm not sure. If you were starting from scratch, I'd recommend a multi-room system from Sonos. You can control each zone individually, all the same of any combination and all from a smart phone or tablet.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on this link, step 3 you can control this with an IR remote - http://www.atonhome.com/xTras/Downloads/QuickInstallGuide_DLA246.pdf Since you can do this, the Harmony can control this. Since the Harmony can control this, the Harmony smart phone app can do the same.
How would the harmony app cause the local Internet station to show up on my denon app?
I would think they would be separate apps but you could probably run them both at the same time. My Droid phone has no issues with running multiple apps at the same time.

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
Thanks for responding. I have an RF Aton Remove I need to emulate since the IR is just line of site and I need to work whole house. The reciever is "on the network" hard wires. I got myself ina very complex situation and I just missed on this. Guess I have to deal with a remote is all.
Robert_J said:
Based on this link, step 3 you can control this with an IR remote - http://www.atonhome.com/xTras/Downloads/QuickInstallGuide_DLA246.pdf Since you can do this, the Harmony can control this. Since the Harmony can control this, the Harmony smart phone app can do the same. I would think they would be separate apps but you could probably run them both at the same time. My Droid phone has no issues with running multiple apps at the same time.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I did not spend much time on the Aton site but if the RF remote goes to something that converts it to IR then you are good to go with a Harmony app. It will learn your Aton IR commands. When you press the virtual buttons on the app, they go from wifi to the Harmony base station and out to the Aton via IR emitters. The nice thing about a Harmony is that you can also set it up to control the Denon.

jsf721

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeffrey
I have it controlling the Denon AVR, the Samsung TV, Apple TV, DVD Blu ray. and using hte dennon App to control the radio functions. For some reason the local stations are not loading and they were originally. Need to figure that out.
Robert_J said:
I did not spend much time on the Aton site but if the RF remote goes to something that converts it to IR then you are good to go with a Harmony app. It will learn your Aton IR commands. When you press the virtual buttons on the app, they go from wifi to the Harmony base station and out to the Aton via IR emitters. The nice thing about a Harmony is that you can also set it up to control the Denon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks