What's new

New Eminem CD (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
After reading a few very positive reviews, I picked it up even though I am a GUITAR BAND kind of person. Pretty amazing stuff, sort of reminded me of John Lennon's Plastic Ono Band(minus the Yoko squeals, that is). Something very deep and personal and no holds at all.

I held off on his earlier releases because a few reviews gave him a very prejudice slant; something I really don't find on this release.

Anyways for a person who has every Beatles and Cure cd released, he is a departure....... but a very good one, to say the least

paul_v

Second Unit
Well I've listened to the CD several times now and my verdict is that this is the best Eminim release yet. It's a lot more serious then his previous efforts which makes it more "mature". His lyrical talent is really good and the beats are very polished. This album deffinately improves with repeat listens.

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor
I bought this yesterday (11.99 at Best Buy). I wouldn't have touched it if it weren't for you guys. We'll see if my horizons are expanded. :)

Eve T

Supporting Actor
It's awesome. I have never been a huge Eminem fan, I saw the video of him and Marilyn Manson and thought he had some potential and started listening to him, I enjoyed some of his earlier music but this CD is the BEST Em CD by far IMHO. I enjoyed the DVD that came with it and the slim shady cartoon. :D
White America, Business, Without Me, Superman, Cleaning out my closet, Sing for the moment, Say What you say..are my favorite songs off the CD. I also enjoyed "My Dad's Gone Crazy" with Hailie's vocals in a sort of cute comedic way.
Kewl album, I think EM's done a bit of growing up and it shows in many of his new lyrics.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
I love this album. Can't stop listening to it.

Brion

P.S. I remember a few years back when the Slim Shady LP came out that there was this old man giving me crap because I was buying the album. First time that has ever happened to me. Plus, he didn't even work there.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
P.S. I remember a few years back when the Slim Shady LP came out that there was this old man giving me crap because I was buying the album. First time that has ever happened to me. Plus, he didn't even work there.
:angry:
Oh man, I hope you gave him hell.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
Argh! I just picked this up today and I didn't see any DVD in there. How could you tell? I didn't see anything on any of the packages that said anything about a DVD.

I did get the explicit one, though.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Double CDs in general are often labeled as such on the black front part of the spine, and I think mine came with a sticker or something on the case.

I haven't checked out the DVD yet, though.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Its only a little Promo DVD, by memory it had live performances of "The Real Slim Shady" and "The Way I Am", the video clip for "I Just Don't Give A F*%#", a trailer for the All Access Europe DVD and trailer for his new film by Curtis Hanson "8 Mile" , an episode of Slim Shady animated show. I think there might be more I can't remember.

Eve T

Supporting Actor
The double CD/DVD is a limited edition. I enjoyed the animated slim shady show on the DVD. There were a few good things on there.

I've had this cd in my car for the past 3 or more days and I can't stop listening to it either. Some funny stuff on there but some serious stuff as well.

Peace,

EVE

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
probably the best thing about this cd is it's inclusion of serious lyrics dealing with his and other real world problems as opposed to only having funny, fantasy lyrics on the earlier albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks