What's new

New DVD/CD player (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
-my bedroom system
I now have a Denon 2802 (love it) and Klispch RF3 II's. I also own a Sony NS300 DVD player. (Sony rears)
I do not have a high end TV.
I want a new player for DVD's and CD's and anything else it will play. Music is the biggest reason for this. I want better. Warmer, cleaner. For around $500 CDN, what should I get? I would get a changer.
Movies work fine on my Sony. So a CD ONLY player would be fine:)
Thanks for any replies:D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, for CD changers, consider:
* Sony SCD-CE775 SACD/CD changer: It has been discontinued with no replacement being announced. You might still be able to find one, however. SACD is an excellent format and worth considering in a purchase.
* Sony CDP-CA70ES CD changer: A few years old now, but it is still in production.
* Sony SCD-C222ES SACD/CD changer: A step-up model from the 'CE775, it has been said that this model has been discontinued as well. Build quality and sound quality are better than the 'CE775.
* Marantz CC4000 CD changer: A solid value, though I find the sound to be too warm.
* Denon DCM-370 CD changer: Another solid value. Build quality could be better.
As for DVD changers, see www.crutchfield.com for a good selection. Sony's new DVP-NC615 and 'NC655P look to be good values. Neither play SACDs. You might be able to find the Sony 'NC650V DVD/SACD changer, which has been discontinued. As with the 'CE775, a replacement for the 'NC650V has not been announced.

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
Matthew, I just bought a Marantz CC-3000 5 cd changer and have it hooked up to a Pioneer D811S receiver. It works well and is quieter than the lower end Sony I have in another part of the house. As for sound quality, I tested it with both the analog outs and the digital coax out to the receiver. I have a pair of CSW Newton M50 bookshelves hooked up as the mains. The differences were pretty minor but the analog outs have a slightly fuller and warmer sound. It was a good value for $200. They also have two higher end models in the same line that are going for $250 and $350 respectively.

good luck,

--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks