What's new

New Dances With Wolves review at DVDfile (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
I will get the new MGM one...sounds like a winner...cept...why does it have to be DVD-18! ARGH! I hate DVD-18...makes my 5-disc changer pretty useless...plus its easier to scratch! Argh! :angry:

Joel C

Screenwriter
With re-releases, DVD File tends to reuse the old film review and just write new copy for the Audio/Video/Extras. I can't say I blame them, writing something new about a movie you've already reviewed is tough (and try reviewing seven seasons of a TV show... eep).

On the other hand, I think some careful editing would have eliminated the "wtf?" moment.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
They could have done this like "Cinema Paradiso" which has both original and extended versions. Sure it's a flipper, but it gives completists everything in one package.

I will now have to buy two sets to get both versions.:frowning:

Oh well. It'll be great to have the extras and commentaries. :)

That screaming indian at the end is one of the most moving moments of cinema I have ever witnessed - forcing tears from me like streams!

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
After reading the review, I also think I will pick up the OOP DTS 2 disc. I was back and forth on theatrical cut versus Director's cut, and I've always wanted to see that buffalo scene in DTS.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Never seen this extended cut and sounds like most of the members here are intrigued by it. I hadn't planned on upgrading, but probably should reconsider. For what it's worth, the Dolby Digital original Image release does have terrific video quality.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I'm sold.

BTW I love the Postman and I enjoy Waterworld. I've never seen Citizen Kane though, is that considered Home theater blasphemy?

Don_Houle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don
I loved this film when I saw it in the theater. I bought the extended version Laserdisc back in '96. I liked it even more with the extra scenes.

I'm buying this on DVD when it's released!

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I may get this; May 20 is going to be expensive :rolleyes::D (of course, I could wait a while)

I liked the extended version a lot, actually. The 3-hour cut moves better, but the 4-hour cut is a more complete movie, I think. And I'm really interested in the documentary. We'll see what happens and what I can afford.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
One copy sold here. A quality of the original movie which I really admire is that it takes it time. The longer cut does so even more and while perhaps not adding any crucial new scenes, does flesh characters and situation out to a greater degree. A perfect 'sunday afternoon' film for me :)

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
I'll buy it because I don't have the older versions. And because I don't have DTS either.

I may not get it on release day, but I'll buy it eventually. Besides, I've got alot of other purchases to make in the next couple of months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks