What's new

New Car: 2003 Honda Accord or 2003 Mazda 6 (or any other 4 door Sedan?) (1 Viewer)

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Just received the new issue of AUTOMOBILE magazine and they have a "a shootout of 12 $30K sports sedans.

Mazda 6 is one of them (and one of my faves) but the new Acura TSX takes the cake in their shootout, beating even BMW and AUDI.

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Just my Opinion here :)
But AUTOMOBILE magazine is BOGUS!!

This isnt the first time ive thought so either, but that comparison takes the cake!

Cmon, A Mazda 6 over a Mercedes 230, Lexus 300, Audio A4, lolol :D

What the heck could their grading criteria be, Cup Holders?

If possible, please post their grading criteria, id LOVE to see how they did this.

5. Mazda 6s
6. Subaru Impreza WRX
7. Lexus IS300
8. Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
9. Saab 9-3 Linear
10. Mercedes-Benz C230K Sport
11. Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Comp G
12. Nissan Maxima SE

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
N/M jut received some scans.

Very disappointing article. It was not so much a "comparison" as a brief impression of the 12 individual cars (subdivided into sub-groups of purportedly similar vehicles) followed by a list of the "final standings".

There was ABSOLUTELY NO explanation of how they arrived at those rankings. If Car and Driver had run this comparison the results might have been meaningful.

I may not agree with their end result, but at least I understand how they got there :)

Oh, what was it that they didn't like about my beloved Maxima?

"It's like wrestling an alligator....This engine is sending so much torque to the front wheels that it overpowers the rest of the car, so the Maxima always feels as if the motor is trying to get out of its cage."

Hell Ya! Thats what im talking about :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
BLEH! No wonder all these people on ebay are offering Automobile Mag for insane prices, one guy on AIM offered me 3yrs for about $8. Glad I didn't take it.

That article is shite.. the two fastest cars placed dead last??

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"the two fastest cars placed dead last?? "

There's a lot more to a good car than just 0-60!

Brent

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
$30K for a Mazda 6??!! I have no doubt it's a good car; waiting on the station wagon version. But $30K??

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Drove a Mazda6 today...very nice! You can get a really good deal if you leave off all the extra crap like that "Sports package". Easy to walk away for $21k for the basic V6, same engine, less fluff. I don't know where $30k comes from, even the loaded ones on the lot with every option imaginable came in under $27k.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
When I check out the Acura TSX, the salesman quoted me $26K as the price for the car in either stick or automatic. Just one other factory option....the DVD-based GPS system for another additional $2K. Two grand can buy a lot of maps.

Graham Perks

Second Unit
Goodness me... no mention of a VW Passat yet? I have a 2003 wagon, and so far, so awesome! The sedan should be in your price range. Wonderful interior, very quiet and comfortable ride.

Tops in Consumer Reports too (check the recent auto roundup special issue) - both overall and in safety.

Very happy with mine. Nicely specced even in the base model. I added leather, an upgraded stereo, extra safety equipment (stability control) and walked out with a wagon for a tad under $26K. Including tax and everything, with 60 months at 1.9%.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Why is that Mazda only offers a black interior on the 6 with the sports package? I guess it's to sell the package? I'd love Onyx black with black leather, save the kid stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks