New BEN FOLDS DVD coming soon!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Adam_WM, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Just got this is my email from Ben Folds' official site...

Live DVD Coming This Fall
    Stay tuned for details of the upcoming Fall release of a live DVD featuring Ben with the Western Australia Symphony Orchestra in front of sell-out crowds at Kings Park in Perth, Australia. Recorded during a two-night-stand in March of 2005, Ben, his piano and the 83-piece symphony perform for over 70 minutes!

That's awesome!

2. Bill GrandPre

Bill GrandPre Cinematographer

Yeah, this was unofficially announced when the shows were performed, a DVD release was pretty much guaranteed since the show was videotaped. Still, it's nice to see an official announcement (I got the e-mail, too). Speaking of classic Ben, I met him for the second time in Denver last week. Folds always puts on a great show, and Rufus Wainwright was terrific, too. Ben Lee was no slouch, either, but Rufus & Ben blew him away. I got to meet Jared and Lindsey for the first time, too. I got to meet Jim Bogios last time, he was Ben's touring drummer at the time and now he's a member of Counting Crows.

PS: shouldn't this be in the music forum?

3. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

Well, it is a DVD...

4. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

I'm a huge Ben Folds fan and look forward to this DVD's release, but I must ask...will it be Region 1 (or at least all-region)?

5. AnthonyC

AnthonyC Cinematographer

I just became a Ben Folds fan on Friday night when he played the Tonight Show (which I watched since Weird Al was set to play tambourine). Loved the song ("Landed") and ordered the CD from Amazon. Can't wait till it arrives.

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I'm still kicking myself for not going to the Rufus/Ben show when it was here a couple weeks ago. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'll Netflix this one, never seen Ben live.

7. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

One of my friends went to the Ben/Rufus show in Boston. Said Ben's set was waaaaay to short...

And the DVD will be R1.