What's new

New Battlestar Galactica series..Any news of a dvd release? (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
I hate to say it, but this one will be the first TV DVD release I will wait for on a new HD DVD format. This one is a sight to behold in HD- once you've seen it in HD there's no turning back.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Hmmm, no issue for me, hold out for the 5-disc version in September it is! Don't have the mini-series yet -- fortunately: once again, it would seem that holding off on buying relatively bare-bones releases from Universal pays off in the long run since they're almost bound to do a double-dip scenario. Sheesh.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The September release sounds great; very pleased to hear it will include the miniseries. Sounds like a lot of effort went into this one.

Real Name
Andy B
September it is. There are going to be a ton of Best Buy versions on ebay this fall.

Thanks all, for the info in this thread!

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't even think about buying the set that Best Buy has exclusivity on. From what they have been reporting over at the TV Shows On DVD.com website that not all DVD plpayers may be compatible with the format. Plus, while the set that Best Buy is getting is the UK version at 4 disks I would hold off on the set and wait until September.

Why?

The wide release version of the set coming in September is being reported that it will be five disks, include the Battlestar Galactica pilot that is already available on DVD and will include a new cover artwork ...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
BB Exclusive my rear end. Hmmm...I can pawn off my miniseries disc right now and wait for the set in September...or I can pay a premium now, have an extra disc on my shelf and not have all the content...

Man, such a hard decision...September, since it is only two months away.

MichaelColvin

Stunt Coordinator
Glad I read this thred. I thought that I'd catch up on the series so I just purchased the mini-series, but I can easily still return it.

I can wait until September very easily.

cheers, Michael :)

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
i've heard tell of a bonus disc with the Best Buy version of this set covering some Serenity (Firefly movie) stuff -- anyone else heard this? have any more details if that is the case?

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Netflix is not carrying the BB version and since they have a fairly close relationship that probably means no one else will.

Blockbuster doesn't seem to be carrying it either.

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the transfer is film to NTSC or PAL video to NTSC video. There is a big difference if so! I would not want the conversion artifacts if video to video.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
I guess I'm the only one here who's going to go buy the Uk version now and then also the later release - the damn manufacturers won't stop doing htis (multi releases). I know it's like "saving a tree", if you don't do it then how do you expect ot help - I don't care abou thelping, I want ot watch season 1 now.

HEEHHE.

And I still think nobody knows for 100% fact what's included on either set. I'll take pictures of the UK set after I bring it home today, at worst it's a $50 loss, at best after an ebay sale it's only a $10-20 loss.

Good enough for me!
ELmO

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

This is the main thing that will affect my decision on which one to buy. I already own the mini and, if the sound and video quality is good, I will buy the UK version. If not, I'll wait until September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks