What's new

New Battlestar Galactica series..Any news of a dvd release? (1 Viewer)

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Right, as has been said there are no cuts to the UK dvd versions as they are the full uncut episodes.

Also, the dvd box cover in the UK...
Well yeah the image could be considered a bit 'tacky' but it is eyecatching and the background is actually made up of thousands of the 'walking toasters' (which mimics much of the cool tv advertising that showed on SkyOne when the show premiered here)! The front box image is that 'shiny/metallic' paper too so it's like it 'glows' where the cylon eyes are! I like it anyway (and of course we've had it for months already!) ;)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Based on that, I'm waiting for September. I've got season 2 to keep me busy until then anyway.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Man, the September set looks great. I'll definitely be waiting.

I'm guessing all of the commentaries from "Tigh Me Up" on are the podcasts.

Scotty_McW

Second Unit
I'll probably go against the grain and get the Best Buy set. I already have the miniseries and I don't listen to commentaries or watch many extras.

Either way it's a still a great show!:)

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
What do you know, the miniseries WILL be on it!

I'm glad I heard about the single disc anyway. Rented it on NetFlix and caught up on the miniseries right before Season 2 started.

Lane_S

Agent
Great news! It looks like the podcasts will be included along with a number of new commentaries, plus the mini-series and other goodies (including a better cover) all for about the same price as Best Buy will be charging. No wonder info is so hard to get on the Best Buy exclusive.

I already own the mini on DVD, but it will be great to have everything in one box. I will be at Best Buy - er - some retailer on the 20th of September for this set. It sucks to have to wait a little longer, but in the end it will be well worth it.

I feel sorry for the people who don't see this thread and hand $50 to Best Buy next week, only to learn in a few weeks that a better version inlcuding the mini is available everywhere else in the country for about the same price. How much is all this going to end up costing Best Buy in lost good will?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

The info is really vague so far regarding the differences between the Best Buy version and the Other Retailers version.

It may be that the Best Buy set is identical to the Other Retailers set, with the only difference being that the Other Retailers set will include the permiere miniseries. Oh, and the different cover art.

Or it may be that the Best Buy set is lacking some of the extras that will be on the Other Retailers set.

Until they clear this up, I won't know what to buy.

Since I already own the premiere miniseries DVD, I would buy the Best Buy version this month IF ONLY I KNEW if the content was or was not the same.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

But the Best Buy release may very well be discs 2 thru 5. That disc 5 would have some redundant extras doesn't contradict that possibility.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
You may all thank me for the inclusion of the mini-series. I just purchased the current DVD last week in preparation for purchasing the first season in the fall.

Doh!

Will everything that was included on the original mini-series release be in this new set?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Well I trust the Bits, so...

As much as I prefer the UK theme song, I will wait for the September version. Until then, I hope the rental stores near me shop at Best Buy!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I preordered the UK version so ill probably pick up the 2nd version down the line as well

capt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks