What's new

New Battlestar Galactica series..Any news of a dvd release? (2 Viewers)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Maybe you'll get lucky and get all of season 2 in one set. I'd be willing to wait three or four months for that.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'd take a bi-linqual cover in Swahili and Urdu if it meant not having to buy two sets to get one season of BSG.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Paul, I agree. I hope this half-season set is just a ploy for those who can't wait until the full set comes out.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I doubt it. Fox has never released a single box of season 1 of Lost in Space. I would guess that Universal would follow the same model.

Sebastien S

Second Unit

Then all of their efforts are for nothing!

Since Canada and U.S. are both "Region 1", people who want it bad enough will just order it from a U.S. on-line retailer like amazon.com

What I find stupid is that we have to wait for the show to finish airing in the states before we can get it to air up here... Why don't they air them simultaniously in both countries? This would illiminate so many complications and would allow the box sets to come out earlier.

It's the same thing with "The Dead Zone". The only difference being that they wait for this show to finish airing in Canada (after it's already aired in the U.S.) before releasing the box sets. For those of you who love this show and wondered why the box sets don't come out till spring? It's because of us Canadians!

Although now that they have this fiasco on their hands, I wouldn't be surprised if future sets of Galactica (season 2.5 and so forth) are delayed in the U.S. as well to give Canadian chanels a chance to air the season as well...

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'd be frustrated too, if I lived in Canada, although you do have the option of getting the US release and watching the shows at your leisure. I think it would be cool to watch a show on DVD for the first time, without those frustrating week-long breaks between episodes!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I have decided to just wait and see what happens with releases after season 2 finishes airing. I hate buying half season sets unless thats all there is. With Universal not being upfront about their plans i can't buy 2.0 then 2.5 when there is a chance of a full S2 set for the price of one of those. Well i will keep my fingers crossed for a full season set anyway.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Not to go to far off. I feel the same pain as the Canadians. Only the show i am feeling it for is called Doctor Who. :)

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator

What pain? You don't have to wait until Doctor Who airs in the States to get the DVDs, like we have to wait for BSG season 2. See here. It's a double standard, I tells ya... ;)

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Picked up BSG 2.0 yesterday. I thought the episode 'Pegasus' was supposed to have an extra 15 minutes added to it? Can't remember where I read that. I think they misplaced the decimal point. It's only 1.5 minutes longer than the episode that precedes it. 45.5 minutes total. That was the only reason I picked this set up. DOH!

Bill Buklis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Buklis
That is a great idea. Kudos to Universal for doing it this way. I'd much rather have both versions than be forced with just the one.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I like the idea of it, but it would be nice for them have to notified people from the get go. Thanks for getting this out there before release date, though, Gord! You run a hell of a resource.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
Wow... Universal actually did something unexpectedly good with a TV box set?! Pardon me while I sit down. I'm feeling a bit light headed.

Eric F

Screenwriter
Universal-HD will start airing S2 of BG in Jan, so I will hold off on my S2 DVD purchase untill the whole season is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks