What's new

New "Batman Animated" DVD News? (1 Viewer)

Ocean Phoenix

Supporting Actor
Can anybody tell me what the time would be in Toronto on the day of this WB Chat? That's where I live and I would like to see the responses to questions about "Batman: The Animated Series" being released in a DVD boxset. It is definitely my top choice for next DVD purchase.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
First season Justice League episode contained matted widescreen. You know, black bars put over the intentionally dead animation space at the top and bottom. Whether the bars are there or not...it's no biggie...although the unmatted first season episodes look horribly mis-framed. Second season WAS animated in widescreen. Every fullscreen episode you watch, you're losing info on the left and right edges of the screen.

And I'd like to know the chat time, as well. I would like to make it, if possible. If not that, inform the Batfans on some other boards to stop in and let their voice be heard.

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
Call me 'greedy' but I want box sets of Batman, Superman and Justice League.

The cash is already ringfenced for these goodies.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
The shows were traditionally cel-animated until about 2000 or so. After that, the shows switched from hand-painted to computer coloring. Justice League has been computer colored the whole time, while the other series (Batman, Superman) were traditionally painted (except for Batman Beyond, which is split down the middle - 26 episodes both ways).

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
Is there a dvd of the 2 episodes where Batgirl and Supergirl team up against Poison Ivy, Harley Quin and (Live Wire?) while Batman was out of town?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Daryl,

The episode you speak of was called "Girls Night Out". It was just one episode. In it Livewire breaks out while being transported to Gotham for some reason. Batgirl contacts Bats who tells her that he will get her help. He tries to call Clark/Supes. Supergirl, who is visiting, answers the phone and since Supes is away decides to go and help.
It is the only episode my 2 young daughters will watch. They love that it is all girls.

Daryl L

Supporting Actor
todd s,

LOL, thanks. I thought it was two 30 minute episodes. It is an enjoyable episode. Those girls can raise some cain. :)

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
It has been a while since I have seen the animated Batman series. I managed to tape three episodes before Cartoon Network removed it from their Saturday Video Entertainment System block. Here's hoping for more definite news soon!

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
WB has announced a couple Adult Swim DVDs for June. Since BTAS is slated for a summer release, can we expect to hear any official news, soon, on the Batman releases? Even a slight hint would suffice.

Rob T

Screenwriter

It will come when it comes.
Probably soon after the upcoming single disc best ofs are released.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I hope we get something. I guess I'm slightly impatient - waiting for WB to finally release some good news on season sets. I bet we'll find something out on the March 8th chat.

Guido

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry if this is a silly question, I haven't had the chance to review everything on the web on the Batman: TAS sets just yet - but does this mean the existing volume releases (six of them) will be obsolete? Will there by anything on these volume releases not on the season sets?

I'm just trying to decide if I should pare down my collection and get rid of the volume sets in anticipation of the season sets.

Thanks!

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
This is the best DVD news in ages. Basically, I couldn't care less about the movies, just give me the Batman animated sets... I'm still vexed as to how they'll work them though... how many eps were in season One???

Hopefully we'll get some top info in the chat next week... pity I'll be fast asleep while it's happening though...

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
Well, the chat is tonight and I am really wondering if we'll get any news. Sadly, I won't be able to attend but I really hope some Batfans represent us and ask the questions we need answers for - like how big is the season 1 set (please not 13 episodes), a better estimated release date, and just any specs, and how many episodes, discs, etc. God...I'm sorta nervoud that WB will drop the ball on this.

Rob T

Screenwriter
all they said was that the season sets are coming this summer. No new news about it. :frowning:

Neil_Duffy

Second Unit
I haven't read the chat yet, but from what I can gather, they said that both Batman and Superman sets were coming in the summer, so for me, that's enough reason to rejoice... the only disappointment is that the Justice League ain't on tap...yet

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks