What's new

new BARABBAS from sony? (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
a few years ago, sony released a widescreen stereo release of Barabbas starring Anthony Quinn. No restoration work had been done and the color was pretty bad.

Now Amazon shows a new release coming end of March 08 with a CD included.

any one know anything about this. Any chance of color restoration so that the skys are blue instead of green?

How about putting back in the INtermission and the Intermission music?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I don't know anything about this, but I can say one thing: the Region 2 version of Barabbas has blue skies. Admittedly they are pale blue with a lot of white cloud, but that is understandable as the movie was shot in Europe, not in California, Arizona or Mexico. If your DVD has the wrong colour, buy the region 2 DVD.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Let's all keep our fingers crossed that this very underated film will finally get a transfer that it deserves.When you see what Technirama could do in a transfer like King of Kings compared to this current DVD, you cannot believe that Sony could ever release such a mess.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see this remastered, and(fingers crossed) a BD release. This is a great, underrated film.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
With a price of $9.95 I doubt it's remastered. What's with the running time of 167 minutes? The original DVD was 137 minutes. Maybe 30 minutes on the CD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Some information for you.

This is basically a re-packaging of the previous release,
with some added value content.

That's all the information I have at this point.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman
It's been confirmed that it's the same exact transfer. Since the previous transfer was terrible, no reason to get this, not even for five dollars. Such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks