What's new

New AVR help (1 Viewer)

CatsTide

Grip
Real Name
tommy
I have an upper end Onkyo and have been having some trouble with it. I get occasional ear shattering chirps through my speakers and recently my HDMI output stopped working so I'm looking for a new one. I'm kinda looking to get away from Onkyo since I'm having problems and haven't been completely happy since getting it about 6 or 7 years ago. I've owned about 3 or 4 Onkyo's in a row.

Now to my needs...budget is around a thousand bucks. I have a 3D Sony TV,Playstation 3,Directv receiver and an Apple TV. I have a 7.1 speaker setup (Mirage). That's the basics...if you need to know anything else please ask. Thanks for any help.

CatsTide

Grip
Real Name
tommy
schan1269 said:
If you raise your budget a tad...Denon X4000. It is well worth the money over the 3000.
Yeah that one is $1300 and is doable. I've looked at the Denon stuff but haven't looked at that one yet.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm not a denon fanboy either...I have two Onkyo(707/1008) and two Integra(5.8/7.8).Yet to see the new Onkyo's, but no matter, the 4000 is going to be competitive with Onkyo(for once).

CatsTide

Grip
Real Name
tommy
I guess I used to be an Onkyo fanboy but like I said I guess I'm ready for a change. My current Onkyo is the TX-NR905.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
If you can confirm the issues are with the internal amp...and not the pre-amp part, the N905 still commands a pretty penny as a pre-pro.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Apparently we can't post Ebay links anymore(I managed to catch it by re-freshing the screen before it was blanked out...)

That price is fine if you don't want the factory 3yr warranty.

Denon only has a few online retailers...and if that company is not on their list...no warranty.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just checked. No that won't have a warranty bought through them.

By the way, if you want to find out if Denon is covering warranty if bought via that seller, send Denon an email via support and mention the Ebay listing(provide a link, or the listing number)...see what they say.

CatsTide

Grip
Real Name
tommy
The listing said "Or make offer". I offered 800 so they probably won't bite but if they do it would be worth the risk. They also offer square trade 3 year warranty for 149.

Anywho...the more I look at that receiver the more I like it. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles I need and the power to make them sing. She's also a beauty to the eye. I like the minimalist front with the drop down door.

CatsTide

Grip
Real Name
tommy
Good news! I got my Onkyo working again. Fiddled around in the back and saw it had 2 HDMI outputs. The second one still works. Maybe that'll get me by for a while. Thanks for the advice. If it dies I know what I'm getting....If the 800 offer is accepted I guess I'm getting one any way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks