What's new

New Adventures of Gilligan (1 Viewer)

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I thought i remember reading that Warners Bros Archive was planning on releasing New Adventures of Gilligan. I have not seen any official announcement of the releases, but i thought it was supposed to be march or april. I am a huge Gilligan's Island fan and will be purchasing both gilligan's planet along with New Adventures of Gilligan. I would also like to see them release all three movies, like Rescue from Gilligan's Island, The Castaways on Gilligan's Island, Harlem Globe Trotters on Gilligan's Island, etc. I have Rescue from Gilligan's island, but it is of very poor quality.

I have S1-S3 of Gilligan's Island on dvd and do watch it from time to time. It is unfortunate that the real ginger grant did not appear in any of the movies/cartoons, etc. I did see her on dallas TV show as JR's secretary in the late 1970s and early 1980s and was eventually replace by Sly.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Can't agree enough. the Rescue TV movie is far too slighted when talked about. Nostalgically it's 110% on the meter for me. Really fun seeing most of them back together again.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
TVShows on DVD just posted a story on SWAT Cats being recalled for the episodes not being complete and Warner Archive said they don't want this to happen again they are committed to releasing complete episodes so they have delayed the two gilligan animated shows. Apparently there must have been some concern about those not being complete so they are addressing it before they release it. They still plan to release them later in the year.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Randy Korstick
TVShows on DVD just posted a story on SWAT Cats being recalled for the episodes not being complete and Warner Archive said they don't want this to happen again they are committed to releasing complete episodes so they have delayed the two gilligan animated shows. Apparently there must have been some concern about those not being complete so they are addressing it before they release it. They still plan to release them later in the year.

Hi Randy,

Thanks for info!

I rather have a good set then one that is rushed out. I was looking forward to the new adventures of gilligan as i have not seen the show for more than 35 years. I was little to remember it, so seeing it again will be great!!!

I also hope this means other shows will also be scrutinize as well to ensure quality not quantity is released.

iDarren

Stunt Coordinator
Looking forward to these releases, and I would like to applaud Warner for taking their time to get it right :)

Tom M

Stunt Coordinator
Randy Korstick said:
TVShows on DVD just posted a story on SWAT Cats being recalled for the episodes not being complete
Not quite true. The actual episodes of Swat Kats (yes, no "C") were 100% uncut. What was missing was some show filler:
"Secret Files Of The Swat Kats": This showed blueprints of a particular weapon used by the SK with a narrator explaining it's function. Personally I always found these segments really boring and pointless. Not to mention they were placed after the mid-episode break thus interrupting the narrative. Seriously, losing these is no big deal but yeah, they were part of the show so should be preserved. Placing them in the extras section would be best.
Much more frustrating was the fact that the audio for the set was mono. The entire run of Swat Kats had stereo audio and very good stereo audio too! It's unknown why WA used mono audio.
Also, the short 11 minute episodes were originally broadcast as two parts of a single 30 minute episode. In the set, they are presented as single episodes complete with seperate main and end titles. I like this as I can go right to my favorites without having to skip the other episode.
There is some question of end credits being swapped between episodes.
The opening episode preview is missing.
The order of some episodes is wrong.
The episode "Swat Kats Special Report" is supposed to open the second season to give viewers a refresher course on the show. In the set, it's placed as the last episode. Futhermore, the episode is not accesible from the main menu, you have to select "play all" and skip through each episode on the disc to get to it.
So, there's a lot to fix. Will they? Who knows. If the set re-appears and everything is fixed then I hope WA offers some kind of exchange program. Time will tell I guess.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I watch some episodes of new adventures of Gilligan and notice that there are few episodes with similar episodes with the original series (Robot, super gilligan, election of the lader, etc.) i still like to have this show on dvd along with the other two movies and gilligan's planet.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
younger1968 said:
I watch some episodes of new adventures of Gilligan and notice that there are few episodes with similar episodes with the original series (Robot, super gilligan, election of the lader, etc.) i still like to have this show on dvd along with the other two movies and gilligan's planet.
I watched The New Adventures of Gilligan as a child and I was looking forward to the dvd release, but I am shocked and disappointed that all of the scripts weren't 100% original and fresh. I may have to reconsider.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
JoeDoakes said:
I watched The New Adventures of Gilligan as a child and I was looking forward to the dvd release, but I am shocked and disappointed that all of the scripts weren't 100% original and fresh. I may have to reconsider.
Hi Ray,
Youtube had a few episodes on their site, which i watched all them. The episodes are now gone. I made an observation after watching a few episodes. There does appear to be some original episodes, but many seem to recycle scripts from the previous show. If you look at the following:
1. Off Limits (Howell constructs his own club house - that episode is similar to when Gilligan wins the million dollar lottery and is invited to howel's club house
2. Olympiad (the island is sinking or believe to be sinking, which is similar to the episode Gilligan moves the stick as part of the lobster traps
There are many others that have similarities to the original series. It could be that the cartoon wanted to appeal to kids audience, so they introduced other characters like the monkey or even elephant, etc. When did you see an elephant on a tropical island?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
iDarren said:
Sadly nothing seems to have been released yet... wonder what went wrong?
I think there is an issue with copies and restoring them to a usable format. I would speculate that could be an issue with many of the old shows. It is just unfortunate that HB/WB have not been truthful about their product road map.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks