What's new

New addition at AV123: Rocket Speakers (1 Viewer)

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
My only question is why did they cross the XT25 over at 3800hz? You think they'd want to take advantage of a tweeter that has an Fs of 500hz and a frequency response of 1500hz-40,000hz. Especially with metal cone mid/woofs that generally have nasty breakup modes in the higher frequencies.
EXTREMELY relevant post...

We crossed it (the tweeter) up high(er) because it works best up there... and it handles TONS of power...

There is a lot of information about the crossover designs (from Dick Pierce... I might add) and how we made sure to handle phase and impedance issues through the use of multi slope crossovers with integrated compensation networks.

It's a "must read" really if you're interested in such things...

Thanks... and all the best...

mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
the company should have warned customers wannabee that their divas would be history soon. i feel sorry for people who wanted to upgrade with another pair of divas to prevent timbre matching problem.
Please do not feel this way... We have huge stocks right now... and we expect to have them for months to come... Hi Vi is a great maker... and I'm sure *if* we needed help upstream that they would be there for us...

We have very good stock now... and the Rockets will work perfectly with DIVA's for many applications...

The only thing I would not do is mix tweeters in the front L/R and C...

Thanks... and all the best...

mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
To Rich Malloy...

Just let me know... and we'll put away ANYTHING you may want now... or help in any other matter...

PROMISE...

All the best...

mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
To David RT...

A humble and simple Thank You...

:b

Made my day...

All the best...

mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
I know I absolutely treasure my 10 year old Celestion 9s. I probably wouldn't have bought Divas if I could have found two more pairs of those. But believe me, they ain't for sale on eBay. People who have them treasure them and hang on to them. I think this will go double for the Divas.
My guess Ted...
I think you are 100% right...
The DIVA's are a great product at the right price...
:)
All the best...
mls

Allan F

Agent
Mark,
I noted your recommendation regarding the front soundstage.

The only thing I would not do is mix tweeters in the front L/R and C...
This makes perfect sense, although, may prove difficult given the current Rocket lineup. Most of the mains use the new Vifa XP tweeter and only one of the center models does. The BIG one. I'de imagine that many of us may not have room for such a large center. In this case, we have no choice but to mix tweeters along the front soundstage. Can we expect another center channel design along sometime soon? Also, can you give us a peek at what type of subwoofer designs you are working on?

FYI. I noticed that Norh is also using the XP tweeter in their newer designs. They commented favorably about this driver, comparing it to the Soundspeak design.

Thanx,
Allan

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
Mark,

I have the same question as Allan regarding the front soundstage. I believe when I'm ready to pull the trigger that the support I've seen from you and your crew has convinced me to give the Rockets a try. What I was thinking was going with the RS250 as the L/R, a RSC100 , a pair of RSS300, and a pair of RS150 or a RSC100 as the surround back. However, as noted in this thread and countless others, it important to keep the same drivers up front L/R and C. The RSC200 is a bit too big and costly and I would like a matching front soundstage. Are there plans for another center? If not, how well would the RSC100 match my proposed system?

FWIW, I'll be going with a SVS 20-39PCi or PC+ for the sub.

The system will be used primarily for HT (90/10) as I have a separate 2CH system upstairs.

Alex

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
This makes perfect sense, although, may prove difficult given the current Rocket lineup. Most of the mains use the new Vifa XP tweeter and only one of the center models does. The BIG one. I'de imagine that many of us may not have room for such a large center. In this case, we have no choice but to mix tweeters along the front soundstage. Can we expect another center channel design along sometime soon? Also, can you give us a peek at what type of subwoofer designs you are working on?
Good Morning Allan...
As yet... there are no plans for another center other than the "big fella" we have now... (Other's have named it something else... I just cannot remember what they have dubbed it)...
The subs will be standard fare, priced extremely well, and with soon special room eq adjustments as part of the design... You'll like them...:)
I'm off to China tomorrow... so, I have to apologize for the short reply now...
All the best...
mls

Mark LS

Stunt Coordinator
I have the same question as Allan regarding the front soundstage. I believe when I'm ready to pull the trigger that the support I've seen from you and your crew has convinced me to give the Rockets a try. What I was thinking was going with the RS250 as the L/R, a RSC100 , a pair of RSS300, and a pair of RS150 or a RSC100 as the surround back. However, as noted in this thread and countless others, it important to keep the same drivers up front L/R and C. The RSC200 is a bit too big and costly and I would like a matching front soundstage. Are there plans for another center? If not, how well would the RSC100 match my proposed system?
By no means is the RSC 100 a "bad" match for the RS 250's...
The hybrid silk / aluminum tweeter we are using is quite good in all respects... and it has that "bit of shimmer" I really like... while the XT series has serious "weight" for a tweeter...
Your sub choices are SOTA... I LOVE the SVS products, and I have one myself... :)
Wishing you all the very best...
mls

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
"As yet... there are no plans for another center other than the "big fella" we have now... (Other's have named it something else... I just cannot remember what they have dubbed it)... "
"Bigfoot", and that pretty much says it all. ;)courtesy of PomingF.

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
If any Diva owners are upgrading to the Rockets and would be selling a pair of the 2.1's in the Tampa, FL area, please let me know!

Thanks,
Aaron

SkiingNinja

Second Unit
Real Name
Sean Ries
After re-reading this post, Mark decided that it sounded too much like marketing and he (we) don't want to step over the line here...in the end, we have a special shipping deal on Diva systems starting now. Call me for info.

Sean

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks