new 27'' Samsung HDTV at Bestbuy

Discussion in 'Displays' started by david*mt, Apr 18, 2003.

1. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

Samsung HDTV

Has anyone gotten it yet? I'd like to hear opinions on it. I wonder if its really any better than last years model other than the 3:2 pulldown. By the way, does anyone know if Samsung has a new non-HD 27'' tv on the way? Bestbuy still shows the TXM-2790F which they've had for a while.

2. Joshua_Y

Joshua_Y Screenwriter

Looks almost identical to last years model...cept its silver and has 3:2 pulldown...

3. david*mt

david*mt Second Unit

Okay, I've narrowed it down to the two Samsung 27'' tvs, either the HDTV one or the TXM-2790F. I'd like someones opinion on which to get. It will be primary used for DVDs and TV watching. I'm in college and won't be able to have HD for a couple years. I know DVDs would look better on the HDTV, but is it worth the extra money? The TXM-2790F does have a 16:9 mode which should make DVDs look good.

4. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

I think it's worth the extra money to get the HDTV-ready model. No scan lines make the picture much more pleasing.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Always go for the newer technology when you can. NTSC-only sets are going to be a thing of the past in the not-too-distant future.