What's new

New '04 Trailblazer - Need Help (1 Viewer)

MarcoP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
Me & my ole lady just got a new '04 Chevy Trailblazer which I need to install a sweet car audio system.

I have researched this forum and have this idea for a setup-

HU - Stock, my ole lady doesn't want to change it
Front Door (6.5") - CDT CL-6X ($45)
Rear Door (6.5") - CDT CL-6X
Subwoofer - 1 10" Alpine Type-R ($90 at Circuit City)
Box: Q Logic Small Truck Box ($50 at CC- again, ole lady doesn't want a big sub/box taking up the cargo room)
6.5" Amp: old Kenwood 4x60 Watt Amp (2 yrs old, not excelon)
Sub Amp: MTX Thunder 282 ($90 from CC)
Extras: 4 Guage Amp Kit off ebay, Dynamat (2 speaker kits and 1 license plate kit)

This is what I believe I should put together. Does anyone have any better ideas keeping in the price range for each component?

The only component I would consider spending more on would be the 6.5" speakers since I have Alpine Type X (SPX-177A) 6.5" components (front) & Alpine SPS-629s (rear) in my car (Mits Galant) and could switch them into this car and get the CDT CL-61A's for my car :) with a pair of CDT CL-6X in the rear of the Galant. Which do you think are better the CDT CL-61As or Alpine Type-Xs? How good do the cheaper CL-6's sound? Better than Alpine Type-Rs, Polk dB, etc.?

Also, in the future I'd like to upgrade to a head unit that I could watch DVDs on in the front seat- what product should I keep my eye on? Is a LCD head unit with DVD capabilities going to be my best bet?

Thanks!

MarcoP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marc
There is no limit, but I do not want to spend double what I spent on each component. I listed the price next to each component in parenthesis. I am keeping the stock head unit b/c the ole lady loves the way it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks