What's new

Never Poke A Mad Kitty With A Stick! (1 Viewer)

Jason Handy

Second Unit
And we think we are the strongest species. I dare you to put a single human in a room with a lion, tiger, or any african mammal. See how long you last :)

Julie K

Screenwriter
I dare you to put a single human in a room with a lion, tiger, or any african mammal. See how long you last
Pretty long if I've got my Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H Magnum with me :)
I will also say that I can, with nothing more than my bare hands, take on African mammals like a hyrax, dik-dik, duiker...
But seriously, I've tried to view this and haven't been able to get the whole thing to play. Is it a mad leopard or lion? I've seen other footage of people messing around with pissed off leopards and while it ain't pretty there's a far better chance of surviving that over a pissed off lion.

ken thompson

Second Unit
I never heard anyone say we are the strongest. We are however the best adapted. Give me a couple days to build a gun or an explosive device and a suit of armour and I'll stand in any cage with anyone or anything.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Actually, from listening to the audio, it looks like the guys are park rangers trying to get the leapord to leave it's cage, Hence the back of the cage is open and the guy is trying to prod the leapord to go out. Unfortunately, the leapord decided to leave and then attack the rangers!

I don't think they were trying to taunt the cat or harm it in any fashion. Hell, if they did that then they were real stupid to leave the back of the cage open!

Jay

Jason Handy

Second Unit
I wasn't trying to be too philosophical. My mindset with the last post is that we run around like we own the place, but every once in awhile you see nature strike back, as in the movie here. Enough to strike a good bit of respect in the hearts of men.
I agree that human sentience makes us superior, but the more and more we advance, the more fragile our individual lives are in the face of a pissed off lion :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Regardless of the weapon, the speed that the leopard moved at was blinding! You would get one shot (maybe) but it better be a good one. ;)

Julie K

Screenwriter
Now, now guys. Let the bruises heal a bit, ok? ;)
Anyway, the cats don't account for the most human casualties in Africa. It's the crocodile that munches the most people. Land carnivores are wusses compared to those in the sea.
Excluding snakes, insects, and other humans (hmmm...interesting grouping there), the number one killer of humans in Africa is the hippo.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
While waiting for this video to laoad, I wanted to provide you with a hippo link: HIPPO
They are the most dangerous animal in Africa. I don't think the mosquito is that dangerous--its just a vector. Malaria, Yellow Fever, and Dengue are dangerous.
Remember: Mosquitoes don't kill people, parasites and viruses kill people.

Users who are viewing this thread