What's new

Network play back on Sony BDV-E770W (1 Viewer)

cabal2000

Auditioning
Real Name
Ian Edwards
I just picked up a Sony E770w from the states, its a great little system but I can't get the system to play any .avi or MKV files from the network, I have no problems with pictures. At present I have tried Nero Home Media center both 3 and 4 with no luck, Want program should i be using?

korimus

Auditioning
Real Name
Warren Malmberg
I just got one of these yesterday. You probably already figured this out. I have Windows 7, so all I did was go to Network Sharing, then go to Media Sharing and enable it. Then I added the folder I wanted that had all the videos in it. After a minute the Sony Home Theater System picked my computer up and I was able to stream. Right now i am a little annoyed tho because I can stream divx and avi files through the network but I can't put them on a dvd and play them that way. The streamed versions seem to be slightly pixilated, and if I play them using my Samsung divx player they look much better. I bought the Sony system so with the hopes i could get rid of the Samsung and just have one box under my TV. My best guess is the Sony does not have the decoders for divx or .avi files built in. When streaming from a PC, the PC is decompressing the videos and then the player is reconverting them. Unfortunately it seems to lower their quality. Hopefully a Firmware update will be coming soon to support .avi files directly..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks