What's new

Network HD on DISH (1 Viewer)

Ramone

Auditioning
I currently get CBS New York HD through DISH, along with the other local stations. Anyone know what is preventing them from adding the ABC and NBC HD feeds? I don't want to put up an antenna.

Daniel`D

Stunt Coordinator
I also have DISH but, am not yet getting any of the local stations.But, ABC won't let people in my area get it on DISH because they should be getting it thought them or something.All I know is I'm about to start getting local stations but will still have to go without ABC.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Ramone, I'm not 100% sure what the reasons are, but I would suspect it has to do with markets.

Your local affiliates generate revenue by running advertisements during their analog (and digital) programming. I don't know what the agreement was with WCBS, but as CBS is the hands-down leader in network HD programming, a small part could be that they honestly want to promote HDTV to everyone-- especially those who live in out-of-market areas.

At some point we might see a national feed of the other HD networks on satellite, but for now you're going to have to put up an antenna or settle for local HD through your local cable company if it's available.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but hopefully it will shed a little light on the subject.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks