What's new

Network DVD - TV titles thread (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The Human Jungle is a good show, quite similar to The Eleventh Hour and Breaking Point, which both aired in the US around the same time. I've got a bunch of them from 16mm but it will be nice to get the full run.
I just notice the thing about Love Story coming in April. Is that the Paramount produced anthology series from the mid-70s or a Brit show with the same title? I've only got a couple of the American ones from when TV Land ran it and its a pretty good show with great guest stars so here's hoping.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Neil Brock /t/313093/network-dvd-tv-titles-thread#post_3893213
I just notice the thing about Love Story coming in April. Is that the Paramount produced anthology series from the mid-70s or a Brit show with the same title? I've only got a couple of the American ones from when TV Land ran it and its a pretty good show with great guest stars so here's hoping.
It's a UK series with the same title, which aired between 1963 and 1974 (the IMDb says the last episode was shown in January 1974). It's only available for DVD pre-order on Amazon UK at the moment, and in it's product description for this title it says there will be eight episodes in the set, originally screened between 1963 and 1973. There is temporary front cover artwork up on the Amazon UK pre-order listing page. The title hasn't been passed by the BBFC yet.

The BBFC added a new listing to their website today for a new Network title, a 1977 mini-series called Follow Me.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated post #16 of this thread with revised release dates (source: Amazon UK).

The BBFC today (9th February) passed the first 12 episodes of Heartbeat's tenth series and the first 16 episodes of Baywatch's sixth season.

Update on the two new Network titles posted about in post #20 of this thread. Network have posted on their website details of The Human Jungle and The Edgar Wallace Mysteries, along with some newly announced titles coming out in July and further ahead this year. Information on the titles coming out in July are on the Amazon UK listing pages for the titles available for DVD pre-order, Network's website's main page, on the Forthcoming Releases page (from this page there is more information on the respective pages for these new titles).

Network titles being released in July (subject to change. Source of info is Network's website, and source of release dates below is Amazon UK):

July 2012:

The Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume 1 - Monday 30th July:

- Urge to Kill
- Clue of the Twisted Candle
- Marriage of Convenience
- The Man Who Was Nobody
- Partners in Crime
- The Clue of the New Pin
- The Fourth Square
- October Moth

The Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume 2 - Monday 30th July:

- The Man at the Carlton Tower
- The Clue of the Silver Key
- Attempt to Kill
- Man Detained
- Never Back Losers
- The Sinister Man
- Backfire!
- The White Trap

and

Public Eye: The ABC Years - Monday 23rd July
Tempo: Volume One - Monday 17th September
Undermind: The Complete Series - Monday 23rd July

Later in 2012:

Armchair Theatre
The Edgar Wallace Mysteries
Our House (Charles Hawtrey and Hattie Jacques series) - only 3 episodes exist
Overseas Press Club (*Exclusive*) - anthology series
Scotland Yard Mysteries/Scales of Justice (made at Merton Park Studios).

EDIT: The Human Jungle has been pushed back to October (source: Amazon UK).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The BBFC on Monday passed the remaining 12 episodes of Heartbeat's tenth series and the remaining 6 episodes of Baywatch's sixth season. Both sets will have a '12' certificate. Still nothing yet for Baywatch Nights.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Updated post #16 - Love Story: Volume One has been taken off the release schedule (Amazon UK have the "31st December, 2012" release date), and new titles added to April 2012 list (source: Amazon UK).

Some of the new titles for May, June and July (source: Amazon UK):

May 2012:

And Mother Makes Five: The Complete First Series - Monday 28th May
Arthur Haynes: Volume Three - Monday 21st May
Mixed Blessings: The Complete Second Series - Monday 28th May
Sez Les: Volume Four - Monday 28th May
Where the Heart Is: The Complete Second Series - Monday 21st May

June 2012:

Andy Capp: The Complete Series - Monday 11h June
The Governor: The Complete Second Series - Monday 4th June
No Job for a Lady: The Complete Third Series - Monday 4th June
Village Hall: The Complete First Series - Monday 4th June
Whodunnit?: The Complete Third Series - Monday 4th June
You Must Be Joking: The Complete Series - Monday 25th June

July 2012:

Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel: The Complete Series - Monday 30th July
General Hospital: The Complete First Series - Monday 9th July
Hine: The Complete Series - Monday 9th July
Morecambe & Wise - Two of a Kind: The Complete Second Series - Monday 16th July
The South Bank Show: Volume 1 - Monday 2nd July
The South Bank Show: Volume 2 - Monday 2nd July.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
New title been added to Network's Forthcoming Releases page:

The Fellows: The Complete Series - Monday 19th March.

It adds on the Network DVD listing page for the above title, that it will be available for twelve months.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
The release date of The Human Jungle: The Complete Series (see post #23 of this thread) has been pushed back to Monday 29th October, and posts #23 and #25 have been updated with revised release dates for some titles (source: Amazon UK).

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Nice to see Scarlet Pimpernel in there as that is one of the last remaining period pieces that Network hadn't done yet. I'm still hoping that some day they will get around to Halls of Ivy and The Gale Storm Show but they don't seem to be too interested in the series that were made for the American market. Same holds for Seaway, made for the Canadian market. By the way, I'm still waiting for Hawkeye to reappear. I know that went away when the rioters burned down their warehouse but I would have thought by now it should have been enough time to re-press the discs.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
It looks as though Undermind has been pushed back to nearly the end of July - Network's own site says "available to ship July 23rd" although the dates havenn't changed in online stores yet.
Damn.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Nebiroth /t/313093/network-dvd-tv-titles-thread#post_3914739
It looks as though Undermind has been pushed back to nearly the end of July - Network's own site says "available to ship July 23rd" although the dates havenn't changed in online stores yet.
Damn.
Have updated post #23 with the release date for Undermind: The Complete Series, changing the release date to the one given on Network's website. However, I've added a "(TBC)" beside it as, after checking the release dates on Network's Forthcoming Releases page for just the TV titles (not the film titles) with the updated posts (post #23 and #25), it's only Undermind: The Complete Series whose UK release date isn't the same as on Amazon UK.

Did email Network recently about different release dates on Network's website compared to on Amazon UK, adding that I thought the earlier release dates on Network's website could be because they will be Network web exclusives for a few weeks, before becoming available on Amazon UK and other DVD shopping websites. Their response was that the release dates on Network's website needed to be updated or would be updated (the titles which I remember had an earlier release date on Network's website, compared to the updated release dates on Amazon UK, were the first two Edgar Wallace Mysteries volumes).

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Does Network have special deals with certain companies they release alot of Thames Television Shows I notice.
Any word on more releases of The Bill, been waiting ages
and hoping for London Bridge - Vol 2 soon as well
I'm wondering if they could get the rights to Thief Takers (1995) - A Carelton TV Show starring Simone Lahbib and Jack Ellis who both starred in Bad Girls

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Did anyone happen to get INTERPOL CALLING from Network? It was a Web Exclusive that was only available for a short time and supposedly went OOP last December. I say supposedly because my inquiry to Network about it being permanently OOP was answered with an ambiguous statement that more or less said they reserve the right to bring back any title at anytime. Given that the series only got so so reviews and was expensive, I decided not to pull the trigger on it. I would still like to see it though as I have interest in all Cold War media.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by nikkif99uk /t/313093/network-dvd-tv-titles-thread/30#post_3916853
Does Network have special deals with certain companies they release alot of Thames Television Shows I notice.
Any word on more releases of The Bill, been waiting ages
and hoping for London Bridge - Vol 2 soon as well
I'm wondering if they could get the rights to Thief Takers (1995) - A Carelton TV Show starring Simone Lahbib and Jack Ellis who both starred in Bad Girls

Still read nothing new on Network's website about further releases of The Bill. Nothing about a second volume of London Bridge either.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Professor Echo said:
Did anyone happen to get INTERPOL CALLING from Network? It was a Web Exclusive that was only available for a short time and supposedly went OOP last December. I say supposedly because my inquiry to Network about it being permanently OOP was answered with an ambiguous statement that more or less said they reserve the right to bring back any title at anytime. Given that the series only got so so reviews and was expensive, I decided not to pull the trigger on it. I would still like to see it though as I have interest in all Cold War media.
Yes, I have it. It's a standard 30 minute ITC show of the era. I enjoyed it a lot more than 'Espionage'.
At the moment it is unclear whether Network are going to continue with the 'web exclusives'. It is apparent that a lot of titles which were discontinued after the warehouse fire are starting to reappear again on sites such as Amazon UK. I think it's likely that this title will reappear as a standard release at some stage (you can order via a 3rd party seller acting on Network's behalf on Amazon UK).

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thank you, Wes! I was beginning to think no one took a chance on this title. You couldn't have given me a more clear indication of its merits than to compare it to ESPIONAGE, which I did purchase and am less than halfway through watching. There's no doubt it is a quality program with top notch production values all the way around, but man it is ever depressing. I understand the tone they were going for and respect it, but it's certainly not a show you put on to idly while away an hour.

I take it that INTERPOL is a bit less...intense? How is the lead actor in the part? It might take me awhile to get used to him as it's hard to ignore one of his most memorable roles, that of the upstairs mambo teacher in a hilarious episode of the Classic 39 HONEYMOONERS.

westumulka

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Wes Tumulka
Professor Echo said:
Thank you, Wes! I was beginning to think no one took a chance on this title. You couldn't have given me a more clear indication of its merits than to compare it to ESPIONAGE, which I did purchase and am less than halfway through watching. There's no doubt it is a quality program with top notch production values all the way around, but man it is ever depressing.  I understand the tone they were going for and respect it, but it's certainly not a show you put on to idly while away an hour.
I take it that INTERPOL is a bit less...intense? How is the lead actor in the part? It might take me awhile to get used to him as it's hard to ignore one of his most memorable roles, that of the upstairs mambo teacher in a hilarious episode of the Classic 39 HONEYMOONERS.
Glen - I agree with you completely about ESPIONAGE - great acting and production but just too depressing to sit through all the way through! INTERPOL is not like that at all, and I was able to watch them all through very quickly (like most of the other ITC 30 minute shows). I thought Charles Korvin was suitable in the lead role - he certainly adds to the international feel they were going for.
Another great 30 minute ITC show in a similar vein is 4 JUST MEN.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Wes, I recently picked up FOUR JUST MEN and am looking forward to watching it! Now I wish I had bought INTERPOL CALLING, but at the time I just couldn't afford it. Last time I checked Amazon UK it was prohibitively expensive so I guess I'll just wait and see if Network does a restock on it. Thanks for all the information and mini-reviews!

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
Mr. Rose from early 1967 has just been released. It is an amusing detective series and is one of my all time favourites. Network have released some wonderful rather obscure titles over the years. My favourites are -
The Guardians
Zodiac
City/Secret Beneath the Sea
The Pathfinders trilogy
Callan
Public Eye
Gazette/Hadleigh
The Secret World of Gurney Slade
Wilde Alliance
Sgt. Cork
The Owl Service
Tightrope
Catweazle
Ace of wands
The Strange World of Gurney Slade
These for me are some of the best TV series that commerical television produced here.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some of the new titles from May to August, updated with revised release dates and new titles (source: Amazon UK and Network's Forthcoming Releases page):

May 2012:

And Mother Makes Five: The Complete First Series - Monday 28th May
Arthur Haynes: Volume Three - Monday 21st May
Mixed Blessings: The Complete Second Series - Monday 28th May
Sez Les: Volume Four - Monday 28th May
Where the Heart Is: The Complete Second Series - Monday 21st May

June 2012:

Andy Capp: The Complete Series - Monday 11th June
Fly Into Danger: The Complete Series - Monday 4th June
The Governor: The Complete Second Series - Monday 4th June
No Job for a Lady: The Complete Third Series - Monday 4th June
Village Hall: The Complete First Series - Monday 4th June
Whodunnit?: The Complete Third Series - Monday 4th June
You Must Be Joking: The Complete Series - Monday 25th June

July 2012:

Adrian Mole: The Complete Series - Monday 2nd July
Adventures of the Scarlet Pimpernel: The Complete Series - Monday 30th July
Astronauts: The Complete Series - Monday 9th July
Cannon and Ball: The Complete Fifth Series - Monday 23rd July
Connie: The Complete Series - Monday 9th July
General Hospital: The Complete First Series - Monday 9th July
Hale and Pace: The Complete Second Series - Monday 2nd July
Hine: The Complete Series - Monday 9th July
King & Castle: The Complete Second Series - Monday 16th July
Ladykillers: The Complete Second Series - Monday 16th July
The Main Chance: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 2nd July
Mixed Blessings: The Complete Third Series - Monday 2nd July
Morecambe & Wise - Two of a Kind: The Complete Second Series - Monday 16th July

The South Bank Show: Volume 1 - Monday 2nd July
The South Bank Show: Volume 2 - Monday 2nd July
Spring and Autumn - The Complete Second Series - Monday 2nd July
A Touch of the Casanovas - Monday 9th July

August 2012:

An Audience with Joan Rivers - Monday 20th August
And Mother Makes Five: The Complete Second Series - Monday 6th August
Armchair Theatre: Volume Three - Monday 13th August
Emmerdale Farm: Volume Four - Monday 27th August
Heartbeat: The Complete Eleventh Series - Monday 27th August
The Laughing Prisoner - Monday 13th August
Phil Cool/Cool Head - Monday 20th August
Sergeant Cork: The Complete Fourth Series - Monday 6th August
Warrior Queen: The Complete Series - Monday 6th August

and the following titles (referring to post #'s 20 and 23 of this thread):

The Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume One - Monday 30th July
The Edgar Wallace Mysteries: Volume Two - Monday 30th July
The Human Jungle: The Complete Series - Monday 29th October
New Scotland Yard: The Complete First Series - Monday 16th July
Our House (three surviving episodes in the archive) - Monday 16th July
Public Eye: The ABC Years - Monday 23rd July
Tempo: Volume One - Monday 17th September
Undermind: The Complete Series - Monday 23rd July.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks