What's new

3D Netflix Streaming upgraded to include 3D (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
There were a lot of problems with the IMAX and WellGo titles falling out of sync, and suspect that had a lot more to do with their brief absence than any theories about "Giving up on no customer demand"--If anything, Netflix customer demand seems to have kicked them in the pants about fixing it.

But they're only getting the IMAX'es, Asian titles and TV series from 3Net, and there hasn't seemed to be anything new exported out of 3Net for a while.
Unless they reconsider and give us the 3D versions of Cirque:Worlds or Turtle 2, this may be it for the time being. (And even less with "Rescue" and "Immortals" already expiring.)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
As a 3D display owner I would be quite interested to see what additional titles will be
offered in the future.

Also interested to hear what the quality of the 3D is like since this is something that
is being streamed rather than through Blu-ray.

I have cancelled my Netflix membership long ago, but certainly would reconsider
rejoining should 3D content be beefed up with acceptable quality.

Look forward to reading more responses in this thread.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
TonyD said:
Sampling a few items.I found one that apparently has the 3d effect backwords because all the background stuff was in front so I had to put my glasses on upside down to see it correctly.It is something called short xvi 3D Elephants dream. Looks good with glasses upside down.
When this happens there is a setting within the 3D section of most televisions to alter the left and right eyes, this should cure the problem without the need to put the glasses on upside down.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Am I correct in understanding that 3D on netflix doesn't work with Apple TV or via their site on a laptop?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
bgart13 said:
Am I correct in understanding that 3D on netflix doesn't work with Apple TV or via their site on a laptop?
Correct

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have a sony bluray player and a roku 2 and a Vizio tv all with NFS apps but only the tv gets 3D

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I've tried using Netflix on my Vizio tv, but it never works correctly. Maybe I should try again?EDIT: Nothing 3D comes up for me. Tried a few of the titles named in this thread, but no 3D options are available to me. Whatever, I'm thinking of ditching Netflix a lot lately.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
TonyD said:
Croods 3D has been added.
Yes, I saw that. Tried to watch it last night but the connection was too slow. I have 50mps on the PC but the PS3 is a lot less. I have the Blu-ray 3D so no big deal.

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
watched beowulf 3D last night which was pretty fantastic. looks like sammy's adventure is awol. . .was half way through it. hopefully they'll bring it back at some point.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Dwayne said:
watched beowulf 3D last night which was pretty fantastic. looks like sammy's adventure is awol. . .was half way through it. hopefully they'll bring it back at some point.
I sure wish Beowulf 3D was available on blu ray, is it decent picture and sound quality on Netflix. ?

Dwayne

Supporting Actor
FoxyMulder said:
I sure wish Beowulf 3D was available on blu ray, is it decent picture and sound quality on Netflix. ?
quite well. the HD and 5.1 sound. didn't check the exact resolution, but it looked very good on my passive set.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Dwayne said:
Sammy Adventure is still there. Just watched it a few hours ago. And Beowulf looks great. It's 720 P and 5.1. Lots of pop out Malcolm. ;)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I specifically want to watch the unrated cut of Beowulf in 3D, is that available. ?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks