What's new

3D Netflix Streaming upgraded to include 3D (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks like netflix has Stopped 3D streaming. I recently tried to finish watching A Turtles Tale on Netflix thru my PS3 and it is no longer in 3D. Anyone have any info?

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Tino said:
Looks like netflix has Stopped 3D streaming. I recently tried to finish watching A Turtles Tale on Netflix thru my PS3 and it is no longer in 3D. Anyone have any info?
Yes, I read somewhere that they were going to stop.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
STOPPED??? That sucks- I keep checking on my Sharp TV to see if they finally added support for that model!

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Just finished a chat with a Netflix rep..there's a bug in the system that they're working on so it's down until repaired...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
That's a little better- heard there were a few technical problems with it, and my TV isn't even a 'supported device'. Just hate to hear any sort of giving up on 3D, maybe it's not going to be "the next big thing" but this is still the biggest it's ever been and I want it to stay this time!

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Sadako is up, African Wild has the 3d icon up but plays 2d, Elephant's Dream starts then gives an error message...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Is elephants dream that odd thing with an old guy zipping a young guy around on floating metal pods or something if it is I was able to watch this in 3D earlier today.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Thru what means are you watching in 3D? PS3 , Apple TV , etc??

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Roku2 never worked for so I was using the nfs app on my tv

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
The icons aren't up anymore, even for movies I was already in the middle of (Shock Labyrinth, Little Brother, Feeding Time)--
And don't think ANYONE'S pinning this on "Public unacceptance of 3D"--Netflix 3D was some of the most ungodly mis-managed attempts at 3D streaming anyone could dream up. Two-thirds of their user base weren't even allowed to access it at the beginning, as they insisted that providers play along with them just to air the service--And when they took it wide, even fewer who actually HAD a compatible PS3/smart-Blu Netflix app to know it even existed had the bandwidth to play it without interruptions.

But when it actually worked, it was, y'know, pretty good. (Oh, sure, and NOW they put up "Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away".

phillyrobt

Second Unit
Real Name
Robt C
Ok looks like it's back up Imax Arabia, Cave of Forgotten Dreams, Dino King, Little Brother Big Trouble , Nitro Circus, and Immortals to name a few all have the icon..

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yup it's back, less the titles that were problematic. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks