What's new

NETFLIX SOUND ON SONY BRAVIA AND SONY AV RECEIVER (1 Viewer)

sheltonsl

Auditioning
Real Name
sharon shelton
Have Bravia 46EX640 and AV Receiver STR-DH520 and really need help. We have 5.2.1 set up and cable hdmi input into receiver and hdmi output into tv. Everything works fine. We have a DVD player hdmi hooked into receiver, and everything works fine. The TV has built-in netflix and we can sign in and play a move, but have no sound through receiver. Hooked up an OPT cable out of TV into receiver, then play the movee after setting the Auto-Analog-OPT option on receiver to OPT, but still have the picture, but no sound. Other than listening through TV speakers, how do we set up to receive the sound through the receiver? Thought the OPT cable would do it, but apparently there is a setting somewhere we are overlooking. Thank you to anyone who can instruct a newbie to this surround sound thing!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
http://www.kb.sony.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=C1000587&fes=true&mdl=KDL46EX640 One thing a quick browse of the OM doesn't answer is if the sound from the "apps" can even come out of the TV.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Page 53 of the OM says you have two options in "Sound menu" for "speakers"... TV speakers Audio system Choose audio. The next setting is variable or fixed...choose fixed.

sheltonsl

Auditioning
Real Name
sharon shelton
I just don't get it- both tv and receiver apparently are ARC compatible which means the signal should go both ways on a single hdmi cable- but no sound- I do have TV settings on Audio and Fixed- sound is fine for Cable Box and DVD player, both external components, just no sound for Netflix built into the Bravia- guy at local electronics store (who sounded like he knew a lot) said I needed to use the optical cable which I already had- put it on and set the receiver to OPT, still no sound- BUT, took the easy way out and hooked up our PS3 which we haven't used in a while, and does have Netflix on it so, being another external component, the sound comes through just fine-but will still keep fidgeting with the TV internal Netflix as I see it also has internet browser built internally and that would be great to utilize (once the sound issue is rectified)...thank you for your kind assistance..........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks