What's new

Netflix raising price for Blu-ray access (1 Viewer)

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
And a reflection of the fact that they have been offering a pretty decent service for a decent price up until now. They haven't done anything that was specifically predatory against Blockbuster, and yet Blockbuster still failed. When consumers allow all the competitors in a market to fail, then consumer get what they deserve afterward, from the sole competitor left.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I have dropped my BR access, for now. I rent probably 10 SD dvds per month, and 1 BR... so the math did not add up in my case.

$1-2 dollars extra is fair... but not 4.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Brian^K, i'm just wondering, is there a reason your being so confrontational with people here? Don't get mad, like I said i'm just wondering, your coming across as really angry about this subject.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW

Dude, chill out! :rolleyes

Read more carefully before you keep trampling on others' comments here.

I dropped NF a looooooooooong time ago and currently use Blockbuster mainly for BD rentals (to supplement my purchases, which I prefer). I'm pretty sure I said something to that effect already. I've even agreed w/ you that people should act according to what they think NF's service is actually worth to them, which can vary depending on the individual -- and also suggested some solutions to the BD rental problem.

Only main thing I disagreed w/ you on were your tone and your characterization of others. No need to get so confrontational about all this.

And don't put words in my mouth about what NF promises (or not). I expect *any* paid service to meet customer needs in a reasonably timely fashion. If that doesn't happen -- and the service provider will not adequately address the problem -- then I stop that service (just like you would from what I can tell). And again, I did *not* give NF another try precisely because I found Blockbuster to be much better at BD rentals (in the past year) than what I heard about NF -- and there's no extra charge either.

_Man_

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Try reading through the thread from the perspective of someone who disagrees with you, rather than reading through the thread thinking that anything written contrary to what you believe is either "crazy" or "confrontational".

Some people in this thread are clearly very angry with Netflix and are making statements that reveal what I consider objectionable perspectives. Being the only person who is (AFAIC reasonable enough to) see things from the other side of the coin, it is natural that those who are upset that they're not getting their way will see any advocacy of a fair and balanced perspective on business as a confrontation.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Indeed, an one crafted by consumers themselves, through their purchasing behaviors. However, I suspect some will still try to "blame" Netflix for being the best.

Brian^K

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
However, you're putting yourself in the position of dictating what "reasonable" is in that sentence. In the mass-market, "reasonable" is dictated by mass-market consumer behaviors, not the expectations of any one consumer.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
spin it any way you want brian, you aren't haven't discussion you're lecturing
and being condescending.

oh well, unsubscribed since everyone seems to have made their point,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks