What's new

Netflix hopes you don't notice...! (1 Viewer)

Anthony_H

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony
I have been a Netflix customer for some time and just noticed something interesting. If I'm late to the game, thank you for your patience. Previously when I looked up older titles that were available for instant streaming, I had the options to "add/play" meaning "add" a disc to my mail to home DVD que or clicking "play" to instantly stream the movie. I enjoyed having both options as I am a big fan of SE content. Just tonight I noticed that if I click EITHER option... it switches to streaming! In other words... when Netflix adds a film to their streaming capability, they are I'm sure having a bonfire and dancing around the burning copies of the physical discs. I even deactivated my device to see if it made a difference. No dice. Very sad news for those who do enjoy SE content and another way they are surreptitiously moving ahead with streaming only. Heads Up!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I don't think this is always right. I have had no problems at all getting them to send me any older title, or having it moved from instant to dvd rental que.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I think you're misunderstanding it. I see some titles on the front page that have only a Play button, but when I click to get to the details page, there is also an Add to Queue button.

I'm sure there are some titles that are streaming-only, because either they were never released on DVD, are out of print or in limited supply... are you sure the titles you only saw as streaming are currently available on DVD?

It is way too soon for Netflix to be pushing people toward streaming only. Most customers don't want to watch on their PCs or don't want to or don't know how to connect one of the streaming devices to their TVs. For the latter, wouldn't you need a broadband connection in the same room as your TV?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks