What's new

Nervous about online Plasma purchase... (1 Viewer)

BryanBoscomb

Auditioning
I am just about to pull the trigger on an Elite 1010HD.

My problem is this: I have never made a purchase this large via the internet. It is apparant that I can save some big bucks by buying online vs. retail here in Houston.

I am worried about the usual things: shipping, warranty, return policy. Apparantly, the factory warranty is void since they are selling it 35% below MSRP, but they will sell me a 3 yr in-home Mack warranty. Of course, the online company has assured me that I do not need to worry about a thing.

I know it is buyer beware out there, but, in general, do most people have a good experience when they purchase large A/V products on-line?

Also, anyone have any Mack warranty experience?

Thanks for the input, just trying to get that warm, fuzzy feeling before I shell out the bucks...

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
Never heard of the Mack warranty so that's the real test of whether this is really a good deal. Pioneer Elites come with a two year manufacturers warranty if bought through the proper channels. How much is the three year Mack warranty as an extra to the purchase price? Is it "in home"? What will the vendor do if the panel is delivered in a faulty state? Lots of questions that you need to be sure of the answers before it's really a "good deal".

Mort (who would rather buy from an authorized retailer in this instance)

BryanBoscomb

Auditioning
I appreciate the input Mort.

The 3 year warranty is $399, and it is 'in-home'. He says they only use Pioneer certified techs to work on the display.

Of course, the vendor has all the right answers. You have 24 hours to report any physical damage from shipping, and 14 days to return if you are not happy with the display...

Kin

Agent
BryanBoscomb,

The biggest thing you want to make sure of is that they are an authorized online plasma dealer. There are only eight of us. And, I can tell you the Elites are not authorized for online sales. They are available only at selected retailers. They penalty for ordering from an unatuhorized dealer is no warranty.

authorized dealer policy

Authorized dealers

Just out of curiosity, what was it about the Elite you liked? There really isn't too much difference (almoste none) between that and the 5050HD which is now available. The most noticable difference is the price. You can save quite a bit.

You can call, or e-mail me and I can explain the differences
[email protected]
1(888)286-5353 Ext 522

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks