What's new

Needing opinion on a new receiver... (1 Viewer)

bosawx17

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
Alright, fellas...I just bought a new house and new system. I need some recommendations on a new receiver. It is going in a basement theater room so it will be for 75% movies & 25% TV watching (sporting events).

All the speakers are JBL Studio-L Series...

Fronts - L890's
Center - LC2
Surrounds & Surround Backs - L820's
Subwoofer - L8400P

I am possibly doing 2 subs as well. My budget is around $1,500.

Thanks, guys.

bosawx17

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I have always been a Denon fan. I went into my local Magnolia and they demo'd all of there "Big Boy" selection.

Denon AVR-4310 & AVR-3310

Yamaha RX-V3900 & RX-V2065

Pio Elite SC-27 & SC-25

Onkyo TX-NR807

I listened to all of them on Def. Techs. which is what I have in another room and I liked the Elite's the best. Denon was last out of the 4. The Mag guy said they also have access to the Onkyo TX-NR1007 & TX-NR3007.

Does anyone else have these speakers that can give me some guidance?

Thanks.

ShanonS

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like you have a good selection there. Personally, I prefer Onkyo and Denon. It's really not a fair comparison without engaging the various processing and room correction available on each receiver. Maybe I'm wrong, but I kinda doubt that the Magnolia guys took the time to go through the process of properly setting them up, if they even know how.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks