What's new

Need Your Advise on LG's LCD (1 Viewer)

lmhr

Auditioning
Real Name
luis m hernández
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Hi, everyone, I was wondering if you could give me a hand, here...

I was shopping for a [/COLOR]
[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Samsung LN40B650 40[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)], but sudenly came across the new LG 42LH55 42. I know 'in general', Samsung make a better TV. I've also read a few reviews about LG's 'grayish' blacks and what not. The thing here, is that I have a friend at LG that can give me such a price that I can save more than $250 dlls buying the LG vs the Samsung.

So my question to anyone who owns these LG or Samsung models (or knows someone that does) is: Is the quality THAT much better that I should go ahead and spend the aditional $250?

thanks in advance for your time.

LM[/COLOR]

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
I'm not familiar with LG at all, but Samsung is supposed to be one of the best at showing SD (non-HD) channels. I have a 61" Samsung DLP, and the SD channels look pretty good, especially for such a big screen.
Good luck!

amacsteeze

Grip
Real Name
Alex MacDonald
Normally, the samsung would be the better choice almost hands down in my experience. But if you can get yourself a slick deal on an LG like that then I would take it in a heartbeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks