What's new

Need universal remote advise (1 Viewer)

jonhoglund

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
I own a Logitech 890, and the battery has failed and so has it's replacement, i have to charge it every 2-3 days and i'm getting sick of it. I have a RF extender setup and want to keep my ability to keep may cabinets close, so I'm looking at the new offerings from Logitech cause I like the software and simplicity.

My question is, looking around the web at the 900 and the 1100. Both include built in RF. And from what i can see are for some reason about the same price(depending where you shop) just shy of $300. My question is which should i get??

I don't have an automated home(lights, curtains) or anything like a full fledged theater. I've got a LG 47LH90, a Onkyo HT-SR800 w/SA-WX700 , a LG BD370, a Xbox 360, and a cable box.

THANKS!!!

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Have you tried a battery from someone besides Logitech or is it the charging station. I couldn't give up my 880 except for the 890. I like the shape, features and button layout.

jonhoglund

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
Actually both. the charging base stopped working, and have been through 2 batteries, and the current one is starting to get bloated.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Logitech has replaced a lot of defective charging stations over the years. It wouldn't hurt to contact them.

jonhoglund

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
I tried contacting them, and they stated out of warrenty.

**Update, I bought the Harmony one. Good news, I fixed my 890 myself base on some info i found while surfing the Logitech forums. If you take out the center contact(magnet) on both the base and the remote, works like new!!!! (might needs some light sanding on the existing contacts to ensure good connection).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks