What's new

Need to flush mount a 3" speaker? (1 Viewer)

Curt Badry

Stunt Coordinator
I am building a set of Spires towers and center channel from CSS. They are a 3" driver and i need to flush mount them. The manual on the CSS website states that the driver hole be 3" and the total recessed hole be 3.65". I'm not sure what size router bit to buy. I came up with 5/16? If anyone could clarify this for me it would be greatly appreciated.!
Thanks

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
There will be frequency response problems if you dont flush mount, but I didnt and I cant hear anything obvious with the TB 871s. You will need to router the inside of the baffles to make room for the leads and to let the driver breathe. I used a 3/4" round over bit and it worked great on 3/4" oak. To recess the driver you can use a rabbeting bit.

Dave_Gib

Stunt Coordinator
I use a circle cutting jig, and the size bit that the jig is set for, I think it's 1/4 inch, just do the outside diameter first and work your way back in at the same depth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks