What's new

Need Thoughts on Large Square Room (1 Viewer)

Rod_Gwinn

Auditioning
Just have finished the framing on a 23'6" deep by 24'6" wide room with an 11' ceiling.

Would love some input on speaker placement, seating, and other words of wisdom

I am installing a Marantz Projector, not set on the screen size yet, looking at 128" diag 16:9 stewart screen

Thanks in advance!

I will put up a couple pictures by tomorrow.

Rutgar

Second Unit
You are in extreme luck. Since you just currently finished framing the room, the absolute best favor you could do for yourself would be decrease the 23'6" width to 17'7". This will do more for the sound in your room than anything else. Not that you won't still need treatment. But, when it comes to good sound, the room demensions are first and foremost, paramount. The ideal room dimensions for a 11' ceiling are: 11' x 17'7" x 25'4". So by simply changing the width, you will be well on your way to audio bliss. I can't emphasize enough how important this is!

Ethan Winer

Stunt Coordinator
Rod,

I agree with Rutgar that optimizing your room dimensions is very important if you're hoping for a well balanced low end. Note that there's more than one "good" ratio of height to width to length. This is explained in detail in the Acoustics FAQ, second in the list on my Articles page:

www.ethanwiner.com/articles.html

See the section about room modes and also the sidebar that describes the ModeCalc program (PC only) you can download.

--Ethan

Rod_Gwinn

Auditioning
Thanks!

I will be talking to the contractor today.

I will post back the ongoing status.

As always, I appreciate the assistance you guys all give on HTF.

Rod

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks