Need the title of the film with this quote, please

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Arun Vajpey, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Arun Vajpey

Arun Vajpey Stunt Coordinator

My sister-in-law has been bugging me to find out the title of a late 70s or early 80s murder mystery film where the serial killer first phones his intended victim and quotes Robert Frost "The Woods are Lovely Dark & Deep and I have Promises to Keep". I would be grateful if anyone can tell me what the title of this film is....thanks.

2. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

"The Woods are Lovely Dark and Deep
    and I have Promises to Keep...
    ...and miles to go before I sleep.
    And miles to go before I sleep."

Never heard of the movie your sister-in-law is talking about.

3. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    One film I know of that uses this, though it isn't a serial killer movie, is the cold war espionage thriller, TELEFON (1977), starring Charles Bronson and Lee Remick, directed by Don Siegel.

In it, Soviet sleeper agents in the U.S. are activated to perform suicidal terrorist acts when a mysterious caller recites the Frost poem over the phone to them.

4. Arun Vajpey

Arun Vajpey Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Peter. Yes, I know about "Telefon" based on Walter Wager's book. Good movie, but could have been better. I would have preferred James Caan for the Charles Bronson role and Alan Arkin instead of Donald Pleasance.

But my sis-in-law insists that it is a straigtforward deranged killer type film without espionage etc. Moreover, I know for a fact that she has not seen 'Telefon'.